Experian is the world's leading global information services company, unlocking the power of data to create more opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. For five years in a row, we have been named in the Top 100 "World's Most Innovative Companies" by Forbes Magazine. Fueled by best-in-class data and innovative technology we help businesses and consumers make smarter decisions and create a better tomorrow.
We are looking for highly motivated Quality lead engineer that can thrive in a fast-paced agile environment. You will be working closely with product owners, scrum masters, developers to create, enhance and support Java based applications and APIs.
* Support the day to day operations of an agile team by driving quality best practices and coaching team members.
* Establish and maintain test strategies for software/micro-service component developed by an agile team.
* Contribute to the backlog definition and refinement process and work with the product manager and other team members to capture the needed acceptance criteria for epics and user stories to ensure the delivery of high-quality software.
* Contribute to the definition of test plans and implementation of test cases as needed by the team.
* Monitor and ensure all the defined quality steps are being done and meeting objectives, reporting on them, and helping the team remediate quickly. Such steps include, for example:
o All the sonar metrics are good.
o All the static analysis tools are good.
o Dynamic testing results are good.
o Unit and overall test coverage are good
o Assessment of the 'quality' of the automated tests.
o Definition of performance and scalability testing
* Collaborate with other members of the Experian QA community on quality processes and tools.
* Proactively identifies issues and potential process improvement areas, suggests options and recommends corrective actions.
* Prepares and communicates test status and progress reports.
Qualifications & Skills include:
* B.S. degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related discipline
* 8 years of professional experience in Quality Assurance.
* 2 years of experience leading quality, testing and continuous improvement practices in an agile environment.
* Strong experience with test automation frameworks (example Cucumber) and their integration in the CI process.
* Hands-on experience in API testing in (micro-)service based architecture.
* Experience with Test-Driven (TDD) and Behavior-Driven (BDD) development.
* Good knowledge sharing and mentoring skills.
* Excellent understanding of agile software development lifecycle and agile software testing methodologies.
* Solid analytical and problem solving skills
* Proven oral and written communication skills
* Very good knowledge of software architecture, operating systems and computer networks.
Additional Preferred Experience
* Experience with Atlassian JIRA and Confluence
* Experience working with geographically dispersed teams
* High energy and a positive attitude
* A beautiful office location with views of North Scottsdale and the surrounding mountains
* You'll be surrounded by great minds, a high talent strategic hub
* All full-time positions are bonus eligible
* We order lunch in every Monday
* Cold brew coffee on tap, along with assorted beverages and snacks
* Pool, ping pong and foosball tables
* A relaxed dress code
EOE including Disability/Veterans
Job: **Product Development*
Title: QA Engineer Lead
Requisition ID: 197407