SR. Software Engineer - Rust, Proofs and Snarks Engineering
We are solving Web3’s toughest data analytics challenges at planetary scale with decentralized, peer-to-peer technology.
As a Sr. Software Engineer you will be joining highly skilled Rust engineers, cryptographers, mathematicians, and tech leads
responsible for developing high-performance in-database mechanisms to verify that the SQL results returned to a client are tamperproof and cryptographically guaranteed. Your team will be architecting and developing a novel Proof of SQL
mechanism (effectively a specialized SNARK) which ensures that results of outsourced SQL jobs can be loaded into smart contracts via a decentralized oracle network, while also minimizing attack surfaces. This is an extremely math/cryptography-heavy leadership role, and thus we expect competency (and a professional or academic background) in applied cryptography or related mathematical fields and preferably experience or familiarity with at least one argument scheme, such as bulletproofs, IOPs, KZG-based schemes, etc. Experience with high-performance distributed computing is a plus. We also expect willingness
to learn and research novel algorithms and techniques
- Writing Rust code (and math-focused algorithms) to build a bigger, better, faster, more optimized SQL Proofing mechanism
- Building strategies, tools, platforms and database integrations to rapidly test and iterate on various cryptographic techniques / commitment schemes / database designs / algorithms for outsourced Proofs of SQL
- Participate in architecture development and research to solve problems scaling up from “laptop scale” to “cluster scale”
- Working with Decentralized Oracle Networks (such as Chainlink) to develop cryptographic commitments for data and consensus-based validations of proofs, as well as working with clustered data warehouses for storing and processing the commitments
- Codifying best practices for future reuse in the form of accessible, reusable patterns, templates, and code bases to facilitate meta data capturing and management
- Working with engineering leadership to define, prioritize, and ensure smooth deployments with other operational components
- Bachelor’s degree in math, computer science, computer engineering, or related technical field. Masters or PhD is a plus.
- 5+ years software engineering experience (or academic research) around applied cryptography and preferably experience or familiarity with at least one argument scheme, such as bulletproofs, IOPs, KZG-based schemes, etc.
- Experience programming with Rust (or at least C++ with willingness to quickly learn Rust)
- Rock solid engineering fundamentals; algorithm development/design, high-performance distributed computing
- Rock solid cryptography fundamentals; hashing, elliptic curves/pairings, field/group theory, etc.
- Nice to have: High-level understanding of distributed computing, database cluster fundamentals (such as Apache Spark, Snowflake, etc)
- Nice to have: Passionate about Web3, blockchain, decentralization, and a base understanding of how SNARKs and arguments play into this.
Experfy IncBoston, MA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.