Information Security Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
In this role, you will work closely with various security engineers, architects, and analysts to design, configure, and implement security controls for the business portfolios.
- 0-2 years of professional information security experience.
- A basic understanding of information security and technology concepts gained via self-learning or formal education.
- A basic understanding of networking and server concepts.
- Examples of self-driven or school-based project work that demonstrates how you think about security and shows how you approach solving technical problems.
- A strong desire to learn, try new things, take chances, and push yourself outside your comfort zone.
- Strong plusses:
- Entry-level security or IT certifications
- Tech bootcamp, OSS contributions, projects on GitHub, etc.
- Prior work or volunteering experience in Helpdesk, Technical Support, or other similar roles
- Prior hands-on use of Linux, Windows Server, setting up a basic network, etc.
- Work, with guidance of our senior architects and engineers, on fast-paced, complex, security architecture and engineering initiatives.
- Support the security architecture and engineering team on a variety of projects and tasks including things like tool testing, configuration, scripting, tuning, documentation, and training.
- Support the larger security organization by participating in design sessions, bringing new views and perspectives, and asking questions.
- Be exposed to a wide variety of technical security challenges, in multiple domains (including, for example: cloud, network, application, and operations), and be asked to quickly absorb new concepts and build on your previous work to deliver increasingly more sophisticated technical outcomes.
You will be successful:
- If you like complex problems, learning and trying new things, and have a passion for personal growth.
- By using your beginner's mindset to push our more senior architects and engineers to think about and explain their ideas and plans.
- By jumping in and not being afraid to try things, even if they ultimately don't work out.
- If you don't let perfect be the enemy of good.
- If you listen hard, think clearly, and act decisively.
TechnologyView all jobs at Experfy Inc
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?