Training & Personnel Development Data Analyst
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Expeditors, a leader in the international transportation industry, is looking for motivated team players who desire a challenging and rewarding place to work. Global supply chain management is what we do and at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
- 18,000 trained professionals
- 250+ locations worldwide
- Fortune 500
A data analyst collects, visualizes, and analyzes data in support of Training & Personnel Development processes. The goal for a data analyst is to provide accurate and timely delivery of reports and visualizations to internal stakeholders, using SQL, internal databases, and business intelligence tools. The value-added service provided by a data analyst facilitates better business decisions, strengthens customer service, and impacts financial results.
- Work closely with business stakeholders to translate requirements into logic that can be used to design scalable, impactful solutions.
- Perform SQL queries – design, code, test and aggregate the results into useful information.
- Write technical documents on database processes.
- Map various databases used in the organization.
- Develop automated reports and dashboards using Power BI.
- Ensure all data projects are performed using the highest standards for quality and data security.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets to drive global business decisions.
- Understand the processes and standards in place to cleanse data effectively and accurately for each project.
- Present findings in a clear and concise manner to broad and diverse audiences.
- Global Logistics industry or Training industry knowledge
- Associates degree in data analytics or equivalent experience
- Experience with database design, navigation, and data extraction in SQL server, DB2, DBMS, or similar
- Experience using data visualization platforms such as Power BI, Tableau, or similar
- Experience using Python or R for data cleansing and analysis
- Familiar with JSON for interfacing with Application Programming Interfaces, APIs
- Knowledge of Unix servers, web browsers technology and web standards, etc.
- Knowledge of agile software development practices
- Proficient in Java, Python and other programming languages
- Experience with developer tools (Visual Studio Code, emulators such as Oracle VM VirtualBox, debuggers, profilers, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate information with attention to detail and accuracy
- 2 years using data visualization platforms such as Power BI, Tableau, or similar
- Effective communication (written and verbal)
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Fluent in English
Position is full time (40 hours per week) Monday through Friday. The position can be based in an Expeditors location within the United States. We are a business professional attire company.
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
- Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Personnel Development Program
Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not transfer or sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (such as an H-1B visa) for this opportunity.
TechnologyView all jobs at Expeditors