- Posted: over a month ago
"We're not in the shipping business; we're in the information business" -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
15,000+ trained professionals
250+ locations worldwide
Globally unified systemsJob Description
The Data Scientist is a key role working within a highly collaborative and Agile team toward the design and development of business-critical solutions ranging from software, data analysis, business intelligence, and automation.
This position is for a role within Customer Data, and Analytics (CDA), and within a team of developers and data professionals who support the Expeditors’ Network Management Center, a global solutions-based center of excellence. The NMC provides support for some of Expeditors largest customers in the aviation, automotive, Pharmaceutical and retail industries, specializing in the oversight of critical logistics shipments, aircraft on ground shipments and other specialized logistics service offerings. The Network Management Center team works with a wide variety of suppliers, customers and service providers throughout North America and internationally to deliver real-time transportation and visibility solutions to our customers with exceptional customer service.
Successful candidates must understand or be able to learn: 1) Understand business problems; 2) Identify opportunities for improvement; 3) and protocols in the design, development and testing of data flows, models, and systems.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Collect, Cleanse, and Transform Data
- Visualize and tell stories with Data
- Statistical Data Analysis
- Data Quality and Validation Testing
- Create Scalable, Efficient Solutions
- Document, Communicate, and Present Technical Information
- Sharing, Collaborating, Training and Alignment
- Deploy and Measure Effective Solutions
- Work effectively with a cross functional team of peers
- Self-assigns work as necessary to meet the team’s commitments
- Ability to clearly communicate and present to small and large groups
- Experience with statistical programming to draw insight from data sets. (i.e, Python, R, SQL)
- Experience with creating data architectures
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, neural networks, etc.) and corresponding advantages and drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regressions, properties of distributions, applicable statistical tests, etc.)
- Experience visualizing and presenting data for stakeholders (i.e., Power BI, Dash, ggplot, etc.)
- Bachelor degree or higher in the area of statistics, data analytics or computer science or three years of professional experience
- Experience with distributed computing tools (i.e., Spark, Hadoop, Azure Data Bricks, etc.)
Expeditors offers excellent benefits:
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Leave
- Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
- Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan (US only)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Personnel Development Program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
TechnologyView all jobs at Expeditors