Agile Project Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Role: Agile Project Manager/Technical Project Manager
Location: During this COVID-19 pandemic and recovery period, offsite remote (virtual) work is permitted 40 hours, 5 days a week. May be expected to work on-site in Washington, DC office location on a Hybrid model as conditions improve. The candidate must be local to the Washington DC metro area.
Experience: Must have experience in managing projects with one or more of these technologies: .NET, JAVA, Oracle, Oracle to AWS migration projects, AWS projects, Robotic Process Automation, Data Warehouse, etc.
Certifications: Must be PMP certified.
Client: Federal. This position requires a US Citizen.
- Must have 12 plus years of IT experience
- Must have 8 plus years of experience as an IT PM managing multiple IT projects
- Must have a demonstrated experience with functional and systems architecture, and data integration projects.
- Shall possess demonstrated experience in managing multiple projects and project teams simultaneously.
- Must have a demonstrated experience with custom application development, configuration, and release management processes.
- Must have a senior-level PM experience with Agile software development
- Expert-level knowledge and understanding of the technology; supporting project teams in the best use of technology including best practices, risk mitigation, and issue resolution; working with the Developers to assess the impact of any/all changes to the platform providing recommendations to management on how to make the best use of the changes and educating Agency staff; as well as analyzing new project requests including gathering information from the customer, working with the Developers on options then recommending a solution including alternatives to management.
- Shall provide coaching and guidance to other project managers as directed. This includes but is not limited to mentoring sessions, communicating job expectations, peer review of deliverables, performance monitoring, enforcing policies, procedures, and standards, and providing feedback on the assigned project manager's performance to management.
- The project manager develops and maintains documents such as the project charter, requirements document, risk register, issue log, monthly status reports, as well as meeting agendas & minutes.
- The project manager coordinates and facilitates all requirements and testing sessions, stakeholder meetings, external partner meetings, technical meetings, and training for team members and business users.
- The initial phases required researching and communicating with various stakeholders to document industry best practices.
- Throughout the life of the project, the project manager was directly responsible for meeting with executive teams to report on the health of the project which included providing recommendations on various related subjects.
- The project manager shall lead assigned projects to a successful conclusion with minimal supervision. Leadership includes but is not limited to:
- becoming thoroughly knowledgeable on all aspects of the project.
- enforcing security, technology, project management, and coding standards throughout the project lifecycle.
- always ensuring clear communication and situational awareness; and
- managing project deliverables, risks, and budget.
- The project manager shall conduct requirements gathering or support a business analyst with requirements gathering including but not limited to:
- facilitating requirements elicitation session(s) with stakeholders,
- comprehending basic to complex business issues,
- depicting complex information graphicly where appropriate, and
- translating business needs into understandable, documented requirements.
- The project manager shall work with assigned development resources or COTS vendor resources to develop estimates and ensure the system is developed or configured in a timely fashion. Facilitate the change management process.
- The project manager shall plan and support the execution of system testing, overseeing production deployments for various projects.
- The project manager shall lead the planning and execution of the implementation including but not limited to system documentation, training materials, training sessions, and lessons learned.
ExpediteInfoTech IncWhy Work Here?
ExpediteInfoTech is a prime Federal, State and Local government contractor with an excellent reputation amongst all of our customers.