Solutions Architect, Cloud & Managed Services
Expedient Franklin, WI
- Posted: over a month ago
Expedient is a provider of cloud and data center infrastructure as a service (IaaS) solutions. Our technical solutions enable Expedient clients to focus on their own business innovation, while our team handles the information technology needed to support it.
We are hiring a Solutions Architect to design and develop technical solutions for clients in Chicago. This is a collaborative position that requires a strong understanding of solution design, business, and financial benefits of technology and customer interaction. The Solutions Architect will interact with the Expedient Sales and Service Delivery/Support teams by providing experience, industry perspective, and expert-level knowledge to build and deliver solutions to the client. This is THE subject matter expert resource for our sales and marketing teams and for our clients on the technology that Expedient provides and maintains.
Expedient does not work with 3rd-party search firms. Sponsorship is not provided.
We are looking for solid experience in system administration, virtualization, storage, and networking with an understanding of the underlying protocols and standards used in the operation of those technologies. This is a client-facing role, so great communication skills are needed. Industry standard certifications are also a plus.
- Partner with sales team to visit prospects and existing clients, developing relationships with their technical and executive members
- Review and evaluate prospective and existing client environments, recommending service and technology to meet both their existing and anticipated needs
- Assist with developing quotes for solutions with technical validation
- Attend trade shows and occasionally participate as a speaker in marketing events
- Develop and present sales documents and presentations to prospective and existing clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – able to explain complex concepts to a wide variety of individuals, up to C-level executives, with varying technical skills
- Experience with VMware virtualization with a focus on administration AND design – experience with vCloud Director, NSX, and vSAN is a plus
- Demonstrated experience in solution architecture and/or sales engineering preferred
- Familiarity or experience with hyperscale platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Familiarity or experience with the following technologies would be beneficial: Windows, Linux, Juniper, Arista, Dell, Nutanix, Zerto, Citrix, Cohesity, and Commvault
- Familiarity with Cloud Native technologies a plus: Docker, Kubernetes, Elastic
- Understanding of switching, routing, firewalling, and load balancing
- Knowledge of storage technologies including concepts such as RAID and Erasure Coding
- Understanding of network security concepts
- Familiarity with backup strategies and related backup technology
- Experience with disaster recovery technologies and disaster recovery testing and planning
- An understanding of database technologies
- Preferred: qualifying experience and certifications such as VCP, VCAP, VCIX, VCDX, AWS Solutions Architect, etc. OR a bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment screens
- Must have a valid driver's license and provide proof of current personal automobile insurance to comply with company policy
BENEFITS TO WORKING FOR EXPEDIENT We place a high value on learning and staying agile in the technology arena. We make education and training available to our employees through a robust, employee-driven training and tuition reimbursement program. Additional benefits include 3 weeks of paid time off; top-tier, affordable medical, dental, vision insurance; 401(k) with a generous match; and a paid day off to celebrate your birthday each year. Expedient is committed to providing its employees with an environment that promotes collaboration with both team and individual success.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest.
If this isn’t the job for you, perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit. Please share the following link so they can view/apply for this or any of our other current job opportunities: expedient.com/careers.
Expedient is an equal opportunity employer, providing a safe, drug-free work environment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Powered by JazzHR
TechnologyView all jobs at Expedient