Entry-Level IT Support Associate (B)
- Expired: March 21, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Expedient is hiring an entry-level opportunity that offers a fast-track to learning, promotion and career growth. The IT Support Associate,in our Phoenix, AZ data center, will join the Operations Support Center (OSC) team and will receive fully paid training (including industry certs) and hands-on experience with a variety of technical platforms including virtualization technology, networking, data protection, Windows, disaster recovery, Linux/Unix and infrastructure.
If you are looking for an opportunity to gain valuable technical on-the-job training and experience and kick-start your IT career, you may be the perfect candidate for this role.
Expedient provides multi-cloud platforms, offers hosting and cyber security, anddata center infrastructure as a service (IaaS) solutions to its clients. For more information about our cloud technology and solutions, please visit us at www.expedient.com
Applicants should be able to show some experience with IT and technology; acceptable experience can include self-study, technical school or work experience. However, on-the-job training covers the technology and the business of Expedient as well as learning opportunities regarding basic support requests, monitoring and client service.
The Schedule and Shift Premium: this position operates on a regular schedule of Thursday through Saturday, alt. Wednesdays from 7am to 7pm local time and includes an additional bonus, paid out upon completion of the initial training. Additionally, lunch breaks are fully paid for all IT Support Associates working 12 hour shifts.
Professional Development & Training: Expedient places high value on professional development and education. We will cover the costs up front for our IT Support Associates to obtain relevant technical certifications such as CompTIA, A+, Network + etc. Certain certifications that are higher in difficulty to obtain have attached bonuses for completion.
Rate of Pay: The hourly rate of pay is closely based on your technical experience and knowledge, work experience and/or academic experience. This entry-level role seeks a passionate candidate who is interested in pursuing a career in IT and is willing and able to learn, so any level of experience will be considered. Range of pay of $32,000 - $37,000 per year, paid out hourly, can vary depending on market and shift.
PLEASE NOTE:We are an essential business due to our support of clients in industries such as healthcare, financial services, public utilities and other critical infrastructure. Because this is considered a critical position in the organization, a physical presence, on-site in the data center is required. As a result, every effort is being made to ensure the protection of our employees and our job candidates in the data center.
Responsibilities of the IT Support Associate:
- Handle Tier 1 tickets, daily shift walks, routine audits, remote hands requests, etc.
- Follow strict security protocols to allow client access requests inside the data center using specific access control criteria
- When necessary, enforce security protocols -- for example, if a client requests to remove equipment without prior notification or as per contractual obligation
- Follow shipping and receiving procedures to ensure the secure transport of materials to and from the facility
- Cover the front desk phone, and conduct physical and virtual security checks
- Process and prioritize client and employee technical requests by phone, email or in person
- Use the ticketing system to log all requests and activities including documentation of special requests and customizations considered important for future support
Minimum Qualifications of the IT Support Associate:
- Industry certification(s) preferred (such as the CCNA, CompTIA A+ or Network+, for example)
- A strong passion for a career in IT and/or technology and evidence showing IT experience
- Associate degree in a technical discipline or technical equivalent work experience
- Previous exposure to or experience in an IT environment
- Previous customer-service work experience
- Must always be professional and patient, as this is a client-facing role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and independent problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities that are time-sensitive
- Having a willingness and ability to learn quickly
- Must pass pre-employment screens
- Sitting - stationary/seated position during the workday in order to check in visitors
- Walking - must be able escort visitors to their equipment;must be ableto walk the entire perimeter of the physical plant/data center several times during the shifttoconduct hands-onassessments ensuringbuilding safety compliance by checking doors, checking temperature sensors in various areas of the server room/data center
- Lifting - frequently lifts lightweight itemsand occasionally lifts heavy-weight materials such as equipment, parts, computer and serverhardware
- Dexterity - must be able to lock/unlock security cages, operate security kiosk and print out visitor badges, operate loading dock equipment; must be able to climb and balance oneself on a ladder, must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl into tight places to access computer hardware, to conduct safety checks, tomove equipment, install equipment, etc.as required
Sponsorship is not provided.Expedient does not engage with third-party recruiting or staffing firms.
WORKING FOR EXPEDIENT
We prioritize ongoing education and continuous innovation to remain at the forefront of the information technology landscape. Our commitment to learning is reflected in our comprehensive employee training and tuition reimbursement programs, which are driven by our employees and funded by Expedient.
We offer an exceptional benefits package including three weeks of paid time off annually that increases with tenure plus your birthday off and a health holiday to be used for preventive care. We offer parental leave, top-tier medical, dental, and vision, disability and life insurance, at an affordable rate, wellness engagement opportunities, and a 401(k) with a generous match.
We also recognize the importance of a comfortable and convenient work environment. We offer a hybrid work model for many roles, paid parking and other perks.
Expedient is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive fair and equitable consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, gender, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.Share Apply Apply for this position Required * First Name* Last Name* Email Address* Phone* Address* Resume* We've received your resume. Click here to update it. Attach resume or Paste resume Attach resume as .pdf, .doc, .docx, .odt, .txt, or .rtf (limit 5MB) or Paste resume
Paste your resume here or Attach resume fileCover Letter* Do you have a valid driver's license?* No answerYesNo What's your highest level of education completed?* No answerGED or EquivalentHigh SchoolSome CollegeCollege - AssociatesCollege - Bachelor of ArtsCollege - Bachelor of Fine ArtsCollege - Bachelor of ScienceCollege - Master of ArtsCollege - Master of ScienceCollege - Master of Fine ArtsCollege - Master of Business AdministrationCollege - DoctorateMedical DoctorOther College or University GPA In 150 characters or fewer, tell us what makes you unique. Try to be creative and say something that will catch our eye!* 150 I understand that this application will be considered active for a period not to exceed six months.
I understand that Expedient requires a pre-employment drug screen as a condition of employment. I understand that Expedient requires a criminal background check as an additional condition of employment.
I authorize the company to investigate references and other information presented and I authorize my previous employers to verify and release any information requested in order to process my application for employment. I release from liability Expedient and its representatives for seeking such information and all other persons or corporations or organizations for furnishing such information.
I certify that the information set forth in this application are true and complete. I understand that false statements or omissions may result in my disqualification as an applicant or termination if I'm employed.* YES Desired annual salary - please provide a numerical range.* If a current employee referred you to apply for this position, please provide their name for our records. Have you ever worked here or been employed by Expedient?* YES NO Do you now, or will you in the future, need sponsorship from an employer in order to obtain, extend or renew your authorization to work in the United States?* YES NO Do you currently have a non-compete agreement with your existing or former employer?* YES NO The following questions are entirely optional. To comply with government Equal Employment Opportunity and/or Affirmative Action reporting regulations, we are requesting (but NOT requiring) that you enter this personal data. This information will not be used in connection with any employment decisions, and will be used solely as permitted by state and federal law. Your voluntary cooperation would be appreciated. Learn more. GenderDecline to answerFemaleMale Race/EthnicityDecline to answerHispanic or LatinoWhite, not Hispanic or LatinoBlack or African-American, not Hispanic or LatinoAsian, not Hispanic or LatinoNative Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, not Hispanic or LatinoAmerican Indian or Alaskan Native, not Hispanic or LatinoTwo or More Races, not Hispanic or Latino Human Check * Submit Application
BusinessView all jobs at Expedient
Get fresh Promoter jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.