Automation Engineer - Cloud Services
Expedient Pittsburgh, PA
- Posted: over a month ago
Expedient is a provider of multi-cloud platforms, data hosting and security and data center infrastructure as a service (IaaS) solutions. Expedient provides the means for its clients to transition to the cloud, enabling them to focus on strategic business innovation while the Expedient team handles the IT needed to support it.
Sponsorship is not provided. Direct applicants only apply.
Our Service Delivery and Implementation team is expanding to meet the accelerated growth experienced in the Cloud Computing space. We are looking for a candidate that will bring experience and ideas to streamline internal processes through software automation, provide clients with increased functionality and reduced time of implementation. A successful candidate will be well-versed in a broad range of technical applications with a heavy emphasis on virtualization, process mapping and discovery, and IT Orchestration technologies. This position requires superior documentation and communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with clients, as well as cross functionally with our product and service delivery engineering teams.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, this position will work from home for the time being. The work-from-home status may change once the pandemic restrictions are removed.
- Increase efficiency and speed of delivery of Expedient services and products by identifying and automating implementation and release tasks
- Increase the quality and scalability of Expedient’s cloud platform
- Assist Product Management in developing the next generation of cloud services
- Participate on the Automation Scrum team creating the stories, scoring the backlog, and responsible for the development tasks in the defined sprint
- Prior experience in software development and process engineering, mapping, and change/release management
- Experience with Ansible orchestration
- Experience with distributed version control systems such as Git and related tools such as Github and GitLab
- Knowledge of a general-purpose programming language such as Java, Python, PHP, Perl or C#.
- Additional experience with tools like Chef, Salt, Puppet, vCenter Orchestrator, and Microsoft System Center Orchestrator is a plus
- Experience writing applications which consume and/or provide RESTful APIs.
- Outstanding troubleshooting/problem solving abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – ability to explain complex concepts to a wide variety of individuals with varying technical skills
- Technical background with experience in Linux system administration
- Must pass pre-employment screens
BENEFITS TO WORKING FOR EXPEDIENT Expedient was awarded a Top Workplace for six years consecutively. We make education and training available to our employees through a robust, employee-driven training and tuition reimbursement program. Additional benefits include generous paid time off, top-tier, affordable medical, dental, vision insurance, 401(k) retirement savings plan with a match and a paid day off to celebrate your birthday each year. Expedient is committed to providing its employees with an environment that promotes collaboration with both team and individual success.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest. If this isn’t the job for you, perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit. Please share the following link so they can view/apply for this or any of our other current job opportunities: expedient.com/careers
Expedient is an equal opportunity employer, providing a safe, drug-free work environment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Powered by JazzHR
ManufacturingView all jobs at Expedient