SQL Server Database Administrator
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Expedient Staffing Solutions is seeking a SQL Server Database Administrator for a three-year position in Brooklyn, NY. Applicants should be prepared for 100% onsite work in Brooklyn, NY from day one.
Position: The Database Administrator will primarily be responsible for managing SQL Server Database installations on Windows platform. The Database Administrator will be responsible for the administration, support and implementation of new and existing SQL Server databases, working with the application administrators and development teams to ensure that existing environments are stable and optimally utilized.
- 7+ years' experience in database administration of SQL Server database environments.
- Experience in the administration of Microsoft SQL Server 2014/2016+.
- Thorough understanding of Relational Databases, T-SQL Scripting, Database Normalization.
- Thorough understanding of best practices, database technologies, and concepts.
- Database Design in a Software Development Environment as a contributor.
- Proficient with SQL Development – ability to write and troubleshoot SQL Code.
- Design and code stored procedures, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints.
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving database integrity and performance issues.
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Query Optimization.
- Experience working with database automation tools to support CI/CD database activities.
- Experience working on small, medium and largescale projects.
- Experience with SSIS, SSRS and SSAS.
- Experience in design and development of ETL applications.
- Experience in data modeling principles/methods including conceptual, logical & physical data models.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure SQL Database.
SCOPE OF SERVICES:
- Be responsible for administration, support and implementation of new and existing SQL Server databases.
- Work with the application administrators and development teams to ensure that existing environments are stable and optimally utilized.
- Participate on the database team on a large-scale project replacing entire legacy-based system applications.
- Ensure system availability and recovery.
- Execute performance tuning, backup, and restoration of databases.
- Provide daily management of Microsoft SQL Server infrastructure and assure service availability.
- Maintain databases across multiple environments (Development, Integration, QA, UAT and Production).
- Work with developers, and infrastructure teams to provide world class services to the business community and clients.
- Document database maintenance procedures.
- Maintain policies and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Keep SQL servers up to date with necessary patches.
- Release application database changes to higher environments.
- Perform server migration/upgrade activities
Job Types: Full-time contract
Pay: $63.00 - $72.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Brooklyn, NY 11201: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location
Expedient Staffing Solutions
AddressNew York, NY
Get fresh Teen SQL Server DBA jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.