The online travel market is a $2 trillion industry that never stands still. Expedia Global Payments (EGP) is the primary provider of payment tools, systems, and support between Expedia Group, its customer and its network of supply partners. We manage the payment products and money flows coming in and out of Expedia Group.
Why build your career at Expedia Global Payments (EGP)? We offer the chance to work with the brightest minds in the travel business in an energetic and international work environment focused on innovation, creative problem-solving and collaboration.
Expedia Global Payments is seeking a Sr. Project Manager responsible for driving the execution of one or more projects, including enterprise wide initiatives.
This role will work closely with business stakeholders to understand business requirements, will establish delivery milestones and timelines, testing and training requirements and ensure effective change management practices are implemented. The role will partner with business and technology leadership throughout the global Expedia organization.
You must have experience working on agile as well as waterfall projects. In order to clearly articular the requirements to both technical and business teams you will need strong communication skills. You will also have solid interpersonal skills to interact effectively with all disciplines and levels in the organization. You must be a creative problem solver and not afraid to challenge the status quo by actively seeking data to drive sound decision making. Ideally, you will have strong knowledge of accounting processes with experience delivering projects in the end to end procure to pay or order to cash business operations cycles.
- Collaborate with internal Partner Payment teams and other external stakeholders to define business, testing and training requirements
- Ensure that decisions are consistent with corporate strategies and future expectations, allowing for a standard process to be established
- Develop, communicate and drive project schedule commitments
- Facilitate change management decisions and adjust assignments and expectations accordingly
- Identify, organize, and resolve project issues and actively manage risk
- Work proactively to navigate project through dependencies with other projects
- Assist in the development and implementation of more mature technical project management processes, methods and tools
- Manage the project budget and monthly forecast updates
- Overall support for initiative and escalations
- Provide regular status to Key Stakeholders
- Serve as expert resource to other Project Managers
- 5+ years experience in project management for financial system projects
- Experience working with Agile and Waterfall driven IT teams
- Experience with standard project management protocols
Competencies, Knowledge and Behavior:
- Passion for Results: Drive high standards for individual, team, and organizational accomplishment; tenaciously work to meet or exceed challenging goals; derive satisfaction from goal achievement and continuous improvement.
- Compelling Communication and Influence Skills: Clearly and succinctly convey information and ideas to individuals and groups; communicate in a focused and compelling way that captures and holds others' attention. Create and execute influencing strategies that persuade key stakeholders to take action towards advancing shared interests and business goals.
- Analytical Skills: Secure and compare information from multiple sources to identify core issues; commit to an action plan after weighing alternative solutions against decision criteria; proactively and quickly make sense of complex issues; responding effectively to complex and ambiguous situations.
- Business Acumen: Demonstrate a keen understanding of basic business operations and the organizational levers (systems, processes, departments, functions) that drive profitable growth; draws from personal experience to quickly evaluate business plans and processes to identify data or recommendations that need further investigation.
- Decision making: Use a factual approach to decision-making by systematically collecting valid and reliable data. Rely on these data rather than on emotions.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field highly desirable, Master's Degree preferred
WHY JOIN US
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better -that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia, Hotels.com, Expedia Partner Solutions, Egencia, trivago, HomeAway, Orbitz, Travelocity, Wotif, lastminute.com.au, ebookers, CheapTickets, Hotwire, Classic Vacations, Expedia Media Solutions, CarRentals.com, Expedia Local Expert, Expedia CruiseShipCenters, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo.
#LI-JA1Expedia iscommittedto creating an inclusive workenvironmentwith a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.