Element has an opportunity for a Global Sales and Marketing Director, Aerospace to lead the commercial sales function across our Aerospace Sector (operations in UK / Europe, North America and Asia). The ideal candidate will be customer focused and results driven with a proven ability to motivate and coach multi-national teams.
The primary function of the Global Sales and Marketing Director is leading and coaching others to drive profitable growth both within current customer base and new prospects, to increase customer satisfaction, drive productivity and achieve and exceed Element's booking objectives. In this role you will display and cascade an Enterprise mentality and create a positive environment. You will also be responsible for the prioritization and assignment of resources to the best opportunities and potential customers, setting clear goals and priorities for the team.
- Ensure sales resources are aligned with Element's Sales / Go to Market strategy
- Develop marketing and pricing strategies for the Sector and each division
- Ensure sales team uses desired behaviours and actions to execute the sales strategy
- Drive proactive positive enterprise sales approach through the commercial organization
- Achieve rollup sales goals through effective coaching and leadership of the sales team
- Direct sales resources to determine best course of action to advance sales opportunities
- Engage other Element resources to advance opportunities
- Partner with Operations for seamless execution
- Partner with Technical Experts to drive Element's Technology value proposition
- Ensure the sales resources are prioritizing highest opportunity accounts
- Drive quotation management team to adhere to customer requirement
- Drive new customer acquisition and penetration
- Represent regional sales in periodic business reviews, business reporting and leadership forums
- Ensure compliance with all Element policies including but not limited to terms and conditions, trade compliance, treatment of others, moral code of conduct and employee handbook
- Ensure adherence to all applicable laws pertaining to safety, environment and corporate governance
- Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience with a significant career of Sales experience, of which 5-10 years must have been in a sales director position
- Proven ability to operate at board level with well-developed oral and written communication skills to meet a variety of communication needs
- Prior remote management of a multi-national sales team
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as customer quotes / contracts, marketing materials, and customer testing specifications
- Proven track record of creating different approaches for pricing and sales strategy across multiple segments
Ability to interface with clients, win new work and determine their requirements; helps develops proposals including cost estimates, work plan and terms and conditions
Ability to travel up to 60% of the time; overnight travel will be required
- Ability to write routine reports and calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions and proportions and apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Ability to solve practical customer problems and interpret a variety of instructions, data and details furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Experience in interpreting testing procedures and requirements
- Must have valid Driver's License, with an acceptable driving record under Element's policy
NOTE: This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, protected person status under 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or U.S. Government export authorization is required. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the employer obtaining the necessary export authorization, including, if required, an export license from the U.S. Department of Commerce's Bureau of Industry and Security, the U.S. Department of State's Directorate of Defense Trade Controls, or other applicable government agency.
We are Element, one of the fastest growing testing, inspection, certification and calibration business in the world.
We deliver critical services in Materials Testing, Product Qualification Testing, Certification, Device Calibration and Advisory Services to the Aerospace, Oil and Gas, Transportation, Industrials, Fire and Building product, Infrastructure and other leading sectors, where failure in service is simply not an option.
Everything we do helps our customers to build better products; get their products to market on time; save them time and money; and minimize the risk associated with product development and production.
Our mission is simple: to be the best testing partner in the world and together we strive towards a common vision of becoming the world's most trusted testing partner.
We have four values that we strive to live by every single day.
- Safety - We keep our colleagues and visitors safe
- Integrity - We act honestly and fairly to do the right thing
- Excellence - We set new standards of excellence in everything we do
- Partnership - We work together for the benefit of our customers
When combined with our mission and vision, the ethos this creates, enables Element to deliver one thing. CERTAINTY. We exist to help make certain that the materials and products we test, inspect, certify and calibrate for our customers are safe, quality, compliant and fit for purpose.
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming "the world's most trusted testing partner".
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in