The Outside Sales Representative is responsible for identifying, developing, and maintaining sales opportunities and business relationships for an assigned group of customers within a designated territory.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop, implement, and maintain Customer Account Plans for assigned accounts.
- Develop, implement, and maintain Territory Plan for assigned accounts.
- Identification of new customer development needs within or surrounding territory.
- Manage sales and gross margin for distribution and manufacturing as required on annual forecast and territory plan.
- Develop relationships with those responsible for making the buying decision in each customer’s facility.
- Knowledge and ability to promote the “Exotic Advantage.”
- Ability to negotiate premium margins as required in the Prepare Quote process (maximizing order profitability).
- Obtain all applicable information so quotes are as complete as possible.
- Follow up on quotation opportunities and report via contact management system.
- Participation with large system contracts for surveys, inventory and contract maintenance in a timely fashion with complete tasks as applicable.
- Submission of corrective action plan for territories under 90%.
- Manage territory specific blanket orders for profitability as applicable.
- Obtain technician certifications as required.
- Support vendor sourcing as required.
- Develop and execute customer visitation in conjunction with the Territory Plan.
- Identify, document and validate C.A.R.E. opportunities as defined in the Territory Plan.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in related area of responsibility (will consider equivalent work experience).
- Three (3) years of experience in sales-related role—industry specific preferred.
- Proven ability to pioneer/develop new customers, product sales and/or new markets.
- Strong sales and negotiation skills required to provide full support of company initiatives.
- Computer literacy and access to a P.C.
- Ability to be available for 24-hour customer support.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to maintain a vehicle that seats four adults comfortably as well as meeting Exotic standards for cleanliness and safety.
- Organizational skills required to prioritize, plan and coordinate work activities and resources in area of responsibility.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate with associates, customers, business partners and management team. Demonstrated teamwork approach with superiors, peers and subordinates utilizing skills in oral communication, active listening, written and oral directions and cooperating with and assisting others when needed.
Exotic is an EEO and drug free Employer.
Powered by JazzHR
Exotic Automation & SupplyNoblesville, IN
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.