Reporting to the Hospice Program Manager, provides professional nursing care as assigned. Coordinates care planning with other disciplines.
graduate of accredited RN program
1 - 3 years experience
RN license - NH or other Compact State
Driver license - valid
CPR certified or within 30 days of hire
- Ensure there are physician orders prior to delivering services. Complete a comprehensive assessment including physical, psycho/social, and spiritual needs related to the terminal illness that must be addressed in order to promote the patient’s well-being, comfort and dignity.
- Provide input to the interdisciplinary team to develop and implement the plan of care for the patient. Analyze the plan on-going and develop interventions/changes as necessary.
- Provide coordination of care to ensure continuous assessment of each patient’s and family’s needs and implementation of the interdisciplinary plan of care.
- Complies with medical, regulatory, educational and records management requirements (e.g. insurance authorization, consents, physician’s referral, documentation) and maintains patient confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA guidelines.
- Collaborates with other healthcare providers to coordinate services and maximize outcomes. Orders patient supplies in appropriate quantities and in a timely manner.
- Maintains a safe and therapeutic environment for patient and caregiver(s) in accordance with Home Health standards, including assurance and support of the patient’s rights and responsibilities.
- Completes documentation (routine notes, clinical/progress notes, medication reconciliation, discharge planning) same day as visit, per agency and regulatory requirements. Transfers laptop after each visit.
- Meets agency obligations for scheduling, on-call, weekend and evening Coverage. Actively participates in team meetings and completes mandatory education.
- Understands and meets expected productivity standards and obligations for scheduling.
- Complies with professional licensure standards and code of ethics.
Additional InformationHome Care