Oversees the operation of one or more patient care business units or corporate programs.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 7-10 years related experience
- NH license - RN
- CPR certified or within 30 days of hire
- Driver license – valid
- Accountability Fosters a culture in which all people take personal responsibility for decisions; behaviors; and results. Holds self and staff responsible for clinical; financial; and human resource outcomes. Enforces compliance with all regulatory requirements. Takes accountability for decisions; errors; and failures. Meets commitments despite obstacles; setbacks; and surprises. Escalates issues as necessary.
- Change Management Understands the principles and psychology of change management. Establishes the systems; structures; and communication processes to support organizational change. Recognizes the impact of change on business processes and individual employee. Implements ways to alleviate anxiety and engender cooperation. Keeps employees informed of changes and outcomes. Exhibits a positive; can-do attitude. Helps people perform under pressure. Deals effectively and promptly with controversy.
- Communication Articulates organizational messages by matching the communication to the audience. Publicly supports leadership decisions regardless of personal perspective. Actively solicits input and feedback from others. Expresses ideas clearly. Responds constructively to criticism and concerns expressed by others. Keeps staff; peers; and manager informed. Can clarify complex issues into simple concepts.
- Constructive Thinking Analyzes problems systematically; logically; and deeply. Is creative and resourceful when developing and implementing solutions. Is open-minded during analysis; asks probing questions; thinks out of the box; able to discern patterns and connections. Can break down a problem into discrete components. Can transform ambiguity into a concrete action. Knows how to drill down to root causes of problems.
- Financial Acumen Understands the drivers of financial performance (physician referrals; market demand; capacity utilization; reimbursement; political landscape). Develops strategies and tactics that optimize revenue generation. Makes expense decisions that preserve financial stability. Balances long and short term business needs.
- Human Capital Management Selects the best possible talent in the labor market. Demonstrates consistent attention to staff satisfaction and retention. Facilitates the continuous learning and development of staff. Knows how to leverage employee strengths. Provides candid and supportive feedback on an ongoing basis. Crafts stretch learning opportunities for staff. Supports rotational assignments for high potential employees. Allows calculated risk-taking. Serves as coach and mentor as assigned. Takes personal accountability for managing human resource programs and initiatives. Recognizes and rewards employee contributions. Manages performance of staff to include: performance reviews; corrective action; terminations.
- Initiative Recognizes and acts upon opportunities. Confronts problems pro-actively and quickly. Acts decisively. Initiates improvements without being asked. Acts as a catalyst for change.
- Integrity Demonstrates honest and ethical behavior in all business and customer interactions. Maintains patient and employee confidentiality. Models fair and honest behavior in the workplace. Keeps commitments. Represents the organization in a professional manner.
- Leadership Provides ethically based mission-driven leadership in area of assigned responsibility. Provides a sense of purpose for employees and motivates them to contribute to the achievement of business unit and organization goals. Is aware of personal strengths and weaknesses and seeks to improve personal performance.
- Learning Capacity Eagerly and continuously seeks new knowledge; skills; experiences; and responsibilities in order to improve personal performance. Knows how to transform and apply theoretical and experiential learning in the workplace. Is energized by business challenges; paradoxes; uncertain conditions; experimentation. Is fascinated by the unknown and what is possible. Sees ambiguity as a learning adventure. Learns from failure. Adapts to new circumstances by learning quickly. Is curious about many things and has varied personal and professional interests. Committed to lifelong personal development.
- Managing Vision and Purpose Translates the organization's mission; vision; and values into actionable and achievable operational tactics. Inspires employee commitment and creates a sense of shared purpose. Can articulate the organization's strategic direction and business goals.
- Motivating & Influencing Inspires staff enthusiasm as a way to motivate the highest possible performance. Builds support for organizational initiatives and business goals. Encourages staff to move in a desired direction. Builds collective commitment. Recognizes and rewards exceptional performance and special contributions. Celebrates successes.
- Patient Care Focus Passionately and visibly promotes and supports the organization's Service Excellence initiatives and its commitment to a patient care experience that is safe; high quality; and responsive to the needs of the patient. Establishes; maintains; and rewards the highest standards of service; safety; and quality in assigned area of responsibility. Models exceptional behaviors that advance these standards. Mediates competing interests in the service delivery process to craft solutions that enhance clinical outcomes and the patient care experience. Empowers employees to respond to service needs and issues for all patients; families; and other customers of the organization. Holds staff accountable for outcomes and behaviors related to service excellence and the overall the patient care experience.
- Prioritizing and Delegating Regularly evaluates workload; priorities; and competing demands and adjusts allocation of time and resources to increase efficiency and effectiveness. Shares responsibility and authority with others. Leverages the strengths of self and others. Asks for help when needed. Provides clear direction to staff. Focuses on most critical needs. Is approachable when others need guidance or assistance.
- Relationship Management Cultivates; maintains and models positive working relationships based upon mutual respect; trust; and compassion. Fosters cooperation and collaboration in the workplace. Demonstrates openness to differing opinions and diverse backgrounds. Knows when and how to collaborate; compromise; or seek consensus. Manages conflict in a way that preserves dignity. Communicates honestly; diplomatically; and pro-actively. Demonstrates fairness in words and deeds. Holds staff accountable for productive and constructive co-worker relations and interdepartmental teamwork. Builds coalitions. Engenders loyalty.
- Setting Goals & Standards/Process Management Establishes goals and standards that support system-wide or SBU strategies and objectives in order to drive superior clinical; financial; human resource; and customer service performance. Secures buy-in from colleagues outside immediate work area to foster teamwork and system-wide collaboration. Develops work plans with objectives; action steps; and measurable outcomes. Monitors performance indicators and makes real time strategic and operational adjustments. Keeps projects on track. Meets deadlines. Eliminates barriers. Communicates business expectations and operating results with staff.
- Technical Competencies Possesses the technical knowledge and skills needed to perform the unique job responsibilities as defined in the attached addendum.
Exeter Health Resources (Exeter Hospital * Core Physicians * Rockingham VNA & Hospice)
Why Work Here?Exeter Health Resources is comprised of three affiliates – Exeter Hospital, Core Physicians, and Rockingham Visiting Nurse Association & Hospice. Together, our mission is to improve the health of the community. We have been serving the local community since our start as a cottage hospital in 1896. Today, we provide innovative, comprehensive services to patients throughout the greater Seacoast area.
Excellent Benefits, Opportunity for Growth and Professional Development across all three affiliates!