Responsible for the initial and ongoing development of clinical staff members in Endoscopy working collaboratively with leadership and the department of Professional Development and Clinical Support.
- 3 to 5 years of direct experience
- RN license NH or other Compact State
- SGNA Certification (or within 6 months of hire)
- Performs Registered Nurse role in endoscopy (75%).
- Education: Completes annual educational needs assessments with input from staff, providers and leadership. Plans educational opportunities and maintains records of activities. Seeks to include providers in educational and simulation events. Implements organizational learning initiatives as needed. Maintains relationship with the Professional Development department.
- Competency & Orientation: In collaboration with the Professional Development department, maintains and updates the endoscopy core training curriculum, initial & annual competencies. Facilitates the learning and orientation process for new hires including accurate, complete and timely documentation of training. Meets regularly with new staff and preceptors. Provides feedback and coaching to preceptors on learning process.
- Evidence Based Practice: Maintains up to date knowledge regarding professional standards and clinical research for endoscopy and postâ€‘anesthesia nursing. Works with staff, providers and leadership to explore, understand, and implement evidence-based practice. Observes clinical practice on the unit and provides feedback regarding best practices. Serves as a role model when providing direct patient care by adhering to standards, policies, and evidence based practice.
- Professional Development: Maintains specialty certification. Identifies staff eligible for certification and develops plan to obtain certification. Ensures staff have access to and understand resources to prepare for certification. May facilitate review groups. Maintains knowledge of and communicates local and national education events for endoscopy and postâ€‘anesthesia nursing.