Director Finance and Accounting
- Posted: over a month ago
The right candidate will be a finance professional with sound business judgment, knowledge of pharmaceutical markets, and a proven track record of performance. They will also be operationally involved, and attuned to the urgency, pace and energy of the organization as well as a professional with proven analytical skills and the ability to lead and grow relationships to help guide the finance teams through financial processes in the most efficient and effective way.
This role will focus on providing financial planning and analysis support to the commercial in-line team as well as leading the monthly revenue accounting. The successful candidate will have a good understanding of planning systems and an urge to improve systems results by identifying opportunities and developing and implementing the right strategies, balancing the time and efforts required vs the expected results. This position contributes to team efforts by successfully performing tasks that have been allocated, keeping everyone informed of progress as well as identifying risks and opportunities.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
General Business Reporting:
- Responsible for providing FP&A support for commercial and operational costs and external investment including R&D & Sales operations expenses to enable appropriate resource allocation and support ongoing strategy.
- Prepare all variance analytics within a pressured time frame, utilizing bridges and waterfalls to communicate a high-level story to upper management
- Develop monthly reporting packages and Executive KPI/Performance dashboards focusing on key performance indicators to track financial performance vs. budget.
- Analyzes and communicates trends and other financial/operational relationships that may impact future financial performance
- Delivers financial presentations to key members of the leadership team
- Challenge financial assumptions underlying sales forecasts and expense planning and ensure transparency of those assumptions, holding all functional teams accountable to performance
- Lead the company GTN process by performing a detailed gross margin analysis by product. Capture all government & commercial pricing & provide monthly trending of ASP. Provide weekly sales forecast based on market trends and historical habits from wholesalers
- Provide forecast and insight for both 3rd party royalties and intercompany royalties.
- Complete and calculate the Profit share for third party partners on a monthly basis.
- Review and understand contracts to ensure financial compliance requirements
- Lead preparation and presentation of financial planning and analysis related to annual operating plans and biannual 5-year Business Planning cycles.
- Work cross-functionally to deliver on ad hoc requests and presentations for internal stakeholders
- Utilize data in new and unique ways, penetrating beneath the numbers to bring strategic focus and raise questions
Commercial Business Performance Reporting:
- Develop and manage a bottom-up quarterly forecast process for new products and be able to assess opportunities and risks in the forecast. Communicate significant assumptions to senior management
- Partner with Sales Operations, Institutional and Retail Account teams to provide analysis leading to Net Sales and Margin growth.
- Consolidate revenue, and provide updated views of volume, price drivers with progress against most recent budget and forecast.
- Proactively monitor performance against forecasts while also analyzing market competitive performance to find commercial areas of opportunity to grow sales and margin.
- Measure and hold commercial team accountable for Sales and Margin performance on a product and customer basis, as well as operating expense performance, to ensure financial targets are met.
BD&L, Portfolio, Special Project Analysis
- Prepare, evaluate and present robust financial modeling and analyses to value projects and products; Develop, participate and deliver high level impactful presentations and conclusions to senior management, key prospects and stakeholders; Execute and participate in deal construction and negotiations
- Plan, analyze and evaluate projects by analyzing new trends and market areas, and determining financial viability
- Support Business Development Financial Valuation Analysis for inorganic growth opportunities, including due diligence on potential products or companies.
Improve Financial Systems & Processes:
- Develop, maintain and improve on financial models used to forecast, track and analyze functional area costs and their impact on the company’s overall performance
- Assist in the development of dashboards and reports for trending and analysis of specific business objectives and processes.
- Help drive reporting and forecasting improvements by developing new reports and analysis.
- Continuously identify and develop processes, systems, including system implementations and improvements to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of the Finance and Accounting organization
- Responsible for overseeing the day-to-day accounting functions including but not limit to A/R, AP, Payroll, treasury & Inventory control.
- Responsible for the month end accounting closing of Xiromed US legal entity in accordance with IFRS. Review & prepare accounts reconciliations and ensure accounting activities are well supported and documented.
- Manage Xiromed annual external audit and lead communications with the auditors on accounting disclosures and issues.
- monitor bank funds to ensure accounts have adequate cash to support needs; analyze cash flows and operating expenditures monthly.
- Server as a liaison with external tax advisors on the annual tax returns and Transfer Pricing Study.
- Preparation of annual financial statements / footnotes in accordance with IFRS.
- Oversee intercompany transactions with group subsidiaries including management services, R&D & royalties.
- Responsible for maintaining & improve a strong internal accounting control structure
- Provide support to HR on the evaluation of various fringe benefits for staff including 401K. Also approve bi-weekly payroll
- Analysis of Intangibles and Fixed Assets.
- Effectively manage, train, coach & mentor the accounting department staff.
- Effective communication, including writing, speaking and interpersonal communication
- Quick critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent customer service and client relations skills
- Keep organization and time management skills
- Good collaboration and teamwork abilities
- Great leadership and goal-setting skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced data analysis and data visualization
- Expert inventory management
- Ability to use computers, software and other technology for inventory and communication purposes
- Understanding of the supply chain, including common obstacles and effective solutions
Requirements and personal skills
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting/Economics required
- Languages: English
- Experience (years/area): minimum 10+ years’ experience in financial planning accounting and analysis role, preferably in various capacities in a pharmaceutical environment.
- Specific Knowledge: Excel, & Modeling experience, PowerPoint, SAP, and Hyperion.
- Personal skills: Strong interpersonal skills, ability to anticipate problems and solve them successfully.
- Highly skilled in utilizing technology to streamline closing processes, including electronic interfaces and uploading of financial data.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and under tight deadlines.
- The ability to adapt to rapid change, wear multiple hats, and work under pressure
- Proven written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- The ability to work in a team environment as well as independently with little or no supervision
- High attention to detail and above average organizational skills
AddressFlorham Park, NJ
Finance and Insurance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?