PLEASE APPLY USING THIS LINK: https://jobs.exeloncorp.com/jobs/5068839-associate-instrumentation-and-controls-i-and-c-technician-nine-mile-nuclear-station-oswego-ny
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
Exelon Generation has an exciting opportunity for Associate Instrumentation and Controls (I&C)/Instrument Mechanics at our Nine Mile Point in Oswego, NY.
Hourly Rate: $35.95
Union local 97
Inspects, tests, repairs and calibrates instrument systems including reactor and turbine plant control and protective equipment, radiation counting and detecting instrumentation and security equipment. Tests all types of meters and gauges in the plant. Performs corrective or routine maintenance duties including decontamination, cleaning and replacing components of circuits. Maintains accurate records of instrument calibration and work performed. Installs, tests and maintains all types of relays when used in connection with the most involved control systems and equipment arrangements at major stations on the bulk power system. Tests equipment involving the bulk power system such as large circuit breakers. Tests and maintains the complicated equipment such as supervisory, tone, telemetering and carrier equipment. Reviews and analyzes problems to recommend improvements and modifications in organization, procedures, policies, standards, specifications, methods, processes, and equipment. To be assigned as needed to support decon, housekeeping, painting, calibration or tool room work and other duties as assigned by the Company. Provides training and oversight to other personnel. Performs emergency response duties as assigned. Assists other maintenance and modifications crafts. This position requires the completion of an I&C Technician qualification book.
• High school diploma or equivalent in accordance with ANSI 18.1.
• Must have satisfactorily completed an accredited process controls training program with a minimum of 4 years process controls experience (Trades, Navy Nuclear – process controls specific or an INPO accredited process controls maintenance training program).
• May be subject to certification and recertification with periodic reviews if required by NRC or industry standards.
• Must be physically capable of performing the essential functions of this position.
• Must pass a validated aptitude test EEI TECH test
• Must meet requirement of NRC psychological testing regulations.
• Must satisfactorily complete Plant Access Training and complete the Radiation Safety Training including Respirator Qualifications and maintain unescorted access .
• Must successfully complete and maintain an Associate I&C Technician qualification book as determined by the Company.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster