At Exelon, we've got a place for you! Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Manage the activities within the Transmission & Substation (T&S) Parts Team, including sourcing, expediting, forecasting and coordination with the other T&S business units. Assure that there is focused material and logistics support to support the operations, system expansion and system reliability work of T&S and Distribution. Manage the activities that provide technical expertise and support to Transmission, Distribution, and Substations in the area of spare parts identification, procurement, and management.
1) Oversee and perform day to day activities including but not limited to:
- Provide technical expertise and consultations through direct involvement to identify and resolve T&S equipment and components needs
- Provide independent research and review in support of technical problem solving
- Create and maintain catalog ID's for equipment/parts
- Create equipment Bill of Material (BOM) kits
- Manage material warranty issues
- Support resolution of material discrepancies or material returns
- Support and perform in the development and implementation of short and long term strategic initiatives designed to assure the optimal inventory levels for Emergency Reserve parts, equipment, and replacement parts
2) Direct efforts to analyze and manage inventory levels; balancing cost control with appropriate commodity purchases to meet T&S service and asset management needs
3) Support and oversee the establishment of new suppliers, evaluation of supplier technical capabilities for materials and field services, parts quality issues, and performance monitoring of existing suppliers
4) Oversee and manage inventory obsolescence program for T&S material; including analysis of the equipment populations and spare parts.
5) Evaluate potential impact to equipment availability; and establish and implement mitigation strategies.
6) Support the Business Units' Emergency Response activities as required.
7) Support Business Projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering/science or equivalent technical degree
- 6 years' experience in applicable field
- Associates Degree
- 8 years' experience in applicable field
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 10 years' experience in applicable field
Note: "Applicable Field" may include exempt level experience in maintenance, engineering, substation, outage services or qualified supervision of skilled trades.
- Excellent communicator, written and oral, with strengths in organization and planning skills
- Strong project management and analytical skills
- Excellent PC and computer skills (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Understanding of commodities, suppliers, market alignments and supply concepts and technical and non-technical clients.
- Transmission and/or Substation experience
- Application experience in Asset Suite, Passport, Hyperion, Cascade
- Working knowledge of the Inventory, Purchasing, and Action Tracking modules of Passport
- Ability to review and understand electrical drawings
The preceding position description is intended to provide the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to be a detailed description of the position or a comprehensive listing of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position, nor is it intended to indicate the exact amounts of time an individual will perform various position duties.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor EEO is the Law Poster http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm