At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Training Specialist works under general supervision of the Training Manager or designated Senior Training Specialist and will instruct classes and assist in the development/ revision of training materials. Provides knowledge and skills to the learner to safely and efficiently perform job requirements. The Training Specialist is also responsible to promptly respond to system emergencies and manages emergency resources both during and after hours when required. Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Using developed and/or co-developed lesson plans, deliver course content in various settings and locations such as classroom, virtual classroom, field or laboratory settings in a safe and productive learning environment.
- Assist in the design and development of training materials consistent with the departments program design and development methodology through the participation in training and line committees as needed.
- Anticipate and conduct course maintenance to incorporate and update materials and evaluation instruments to reflect changes in work practices, company policy, process, and technology enhancements.
- Maintain training facilities, including ordering of material, pre-class set-up, post class clean up, performing safety audit, and interfacing with facilities management.
- Evaluate trainees and training programs in accordance with training procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Reports results to training and line management.
- Utilize the Learning Management System (and perception) to document training activities.
- BS/BA Degree in Business, Education or Instructional Design, Communications, Organizational Development, Engineering or related field with 3 - 5 years relevant experience. Or in lieu of degree 6- 9 years relevant business experience.
- Demonstrated written, verbal communications and presentation skills required
- Strong observation, evaluation, coaching and feedback skills
- Computer skills in Windows and business applications.
- The Training Specialist will deliver training curriculums, course material and evaluation instruments in designated functional disciplines and ensure that instructional materials are updated and consistent with current policy.
- Class data such as attendance, evaluation results and knowledge check results will be tracked and reported by the Training Specialist.
- The Training Specialist develops instructional and professional skills through class, seminar and workshop attendance.
- Travel may be required for training related activities.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster