Position – Shipping and Receiving Associate
Position Type – Exempt
Location – Fulton, MD
Shift – 9:30-3:30 PM M-F
Duration – Part-Time Permanent
Exela Technologies, Inc. (“Exela”) is a location agnostic, global business process automation ("BPA") leader combining industry-specific and industry-agnostic enterprise software and solutions with decades of experience. Our BPA suite of solutions are deployed in banking, healthcare, insurance and other industries to support mission critical environments. Exela is a leader in work flow automation, attended and un-attended cognitive automation, digital mail rooms, print communications, and payment processing with deployments across the globe.
Exela partners with customers to improve user experience and quality through operational efficiency. Exela serves over 3,700 customers across more than 50 countries, through a secure, cloud-enabled global delivery model. We are 22,000 employees strong across the Americas, Europe and Asia. Our customer list includes 60% of the Fortune® 100, along with many of the world’s largest retail chains, banks, law firms, healthcare insurance payers and providers and telecom companies.
A global, public company (Nasdaq: XELA), the people behind Exela are as important as the company itself. Our team’s extensive experience across multiple industry verticals give us a better sense of our clients' needs. That begins with teams comprised of individuals from diverse backgrounds with different perspectives.
Join our global team as we create advancements in business process automation solutions that impact our client’s mission-critical operations across the industries they serve. The diversity of our workforce and their inspiring ideas resonate throughout all that we do – don’t just read about digital innovation, be part of the revolution!
Health & Wellness
We offer comprehensive health and wellness plans, including medical, dental and vision coverage for eligible employees and family members; paid time off; and commuter benefits. In addition, supplemental income protection including short term insurance coverage is available. We also offer a 401(k)-retirement savings plan to assist eligible employees in saving for their retirement. Participants are provided access to financial wellness resources and retirement planning services
Exela seeks job applicants from all walks of life and backgrounds including, but not limited to, those who are transitioning military members, veterans, reservists, National Guard members, military spouses and their family members. Individuals will be considered no matter their military rank or specialty.
Exela is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
- Prepare ship shipments for destination. This can include, but not exclusive to, selecting appropriate shipping container; packing items to ensure safe delivery; and carrier management.
- Detailed inspection of outgoing international shipments including documenting part numbers, serial numbers, quantities and country of origin
- Prepares bills of lading; checks items to be shipped against work orders to ascertain that quantities, destination, and routing are correct.
- Inspects shipments for damages or defects; records discrepancies or damages and notifies supervisor and/or purchasing personnel.
- May trace lost shipments and/or customer claims of lost shipments; initiates proof of delivery documents.
- Maintain department database, prepare routine reports, and file shipping/receiving records.
- May operate dolly, pallet jack, and/or forklift in loading and unloading supplies and equipment.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Adhere to all Federal, State, Local and Company safety and security regulations and policies.
- Maintain all logs and reporting documentation; attention to detail required
- Provide backup leadership to the team lead and management as needed
- Present a professional appearance and exhibit excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication with internal and external clients
- Proven pattern of success or achievements in a fast-paced business environment
- Clear sense of integrity, work ethic, and sincere interest in building strong relationships based upon competency and trust.
- Provide leadership and technical oversight within assigned area of expertise
- Interface with clients, vendors and carriers professionally to maintain chain of custody and freight tracking
- Respond to customer inquiries in an expedited professional manner
- Monitor freight load for SLA compliance
- Minimum of 3 years customer service related experience
- Minimum of one years’ experience in Shipping Operations
- Proficient in keyboarding and windows environment PC skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to effectively work individually or in a team environment
- Ability to meet employer's attendance policy
- Lifting up to 40 pounds with or without accommodation
- Standing for long periods of time and/or significant walking with or without accommodation
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)