Exela Technologies is looking for an Image Specialist for a highly detailed insurance mail processing project. This is a full-time perm role working M-F, 7:30am-4:00pm.
The position involves various duties, depending on area of services and customer needs. These duties can be document preparation, scanning, filming, film processing, and film duplication, indexing or publishing CDs for customers.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
1. Prepping includes classifying of easily recognizable documents, orienting, repairing and removing objects such as staples and paperclips from documents. Prepping also includes unfolding corners, taping down small pieces of paper on larger sheets. Placing patch or bar code separators in between records for scanning
2. Scanning will include the calibration and cleaning of paper scanners, correction of double feeds and poor images, operate all aspects of scanning software application, and joined with the quality processing of items through the scanning process
3. Microfilm includes the calibration, loading and cleaning of microfilm equipment, correction of poor images and the quality processing of filmed documents
4. Data Capture involves locating key data on documents once they have been scanned and keying the alphanumeric data into the appropriate database according to customer specifications
5. Demonstrates high levels of safety awareness and notifies supervisor of potential hazards.
6. Follows the security and privacy policies, standards and guidelines in order to protect the informational assets of both the company and their customers.
7. Must be able to perform the following successfully in one area of imaging:
a. Process documents timely and accurately according to job specification and their priority
b. Consistently maintain set production quota while maintaining high quality
c. Accurately record production in LOCSS
d. Report and process issues and project concerns timely
e. Maintain equipment if applicable
f. Adjusts to new ideas and methods and retains details very well
• Persuasive communication skills necessary to collect essential information, answer questions, and direct callers to appropriate personnel in a professional and courteous manner
• Developed interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, other business areas and government agencies as required
• Planning and organizational skills necessary to coordinate workload around complex, multiple assignments
• Occasional lifting of office equipment and boxes
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Six months to one year general office experience required.
• 2 years previous scanning experience.
Additional Desired Qualifications
Physical demands with activity or condition requiring a considerable amount of time include sitting and typing/keyboarding using a computer (i.e., keyboard, mouse, and monitor) or adding machine. Physical demands may include walking, carrying, reaching, standing, and stooping. May require occasional lifting/lowering, pushing, or pulling up to 25 lbs