The quality assurance/ quality control technician will focus on evaluating, implementing, maintaining and improving the company’s quality programs. The tech will be responsible to conduct QA audits within the manufacturing facility and inspect for the GMPs, SOPs, SSOPs compliance and evaluate incoming, in-process and finished goods to ensure strict adherence to internal and customer specifications regarding quality and safety. Responsible for monitoring all processes within the operation such as receiving, cooking, mixing, assembling, packaging, labeling, and shipping for adherence to internal and regulatory requirements. Maintains and reviews documents for HACCP, FDA and USDA compliance.
- Perform pre-operational and end of shift inspections of equipment using sensory and instrumental methods.
- Monitor carriers, ingredients and packaging materials.
- Analyze and document the analysis of materials used in manufacturing.
- Maintain and oversee adherence to SOPs and specifications.
- Monitor, record, and verify HACCP documents.
- Perform GMP, SSOP audits and establish corrective actions and preventive measures.
- Conduct and facilitate daily quality audit checklists
- Develop and monitor the efficacy of the facility cleaning and sanitation program.
- Perform temperature measurement and monitoring in manufacturing.
- Manage the facility pest control program.
- Evaluate and trend variances from procedure and client complaints to identify root causes and implement corrective and preventive measures.
- Support the QA/QC department and production operations to maintain high standards of quality
- Place and remove products from hold and update the hold log as required.
- Maintain accurately and up to date records
- Conduct package quality inspection and isolate the product that does not meet standards.
- Performs or assists with additional duties as assigned by QA management
- High School Diploma or equivalent with at least 2 years’ experience in a food manufacturing environment or a BS Degree in biology, microbiology, food science, food technology or related field with 0-1 year food production experience.
- Must not be food allergen sensitive
- Ability to quickly learn and comply with company safety, quality, Good Manufacturing, and other required policies and procedures
- Demonstrated analytical and technical capabilities, leadership skills, and good communication skills, including written, electronic, and verbal
- Must be available to work any/all shifts, holidays, and overtime on occasion if the business needs change
- Capability to work in a refrigerated environment for a long period of time
- Ability to do teamwork
- Bi-lingual Spanish/English is a plus
- Food Manufacturing: 2 years (Preferred)
- Spanish (Preferred)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour