- Posted: over a month ago
Due to growth we are currently searching for a site work estimator to join our team. To be considered we would like to see at least 4+ years of experience performing take offs and estimating of earthwork, grading, installation of utilities including water and sewer, storm sewers, and fire water services, along with building or building foundation excavation and backfilling on public and private sector projects. Primary duties will include performing blueprint takeoffs, estimating, writing proposals, bid review, attending pre-construction meetings, buying out materials, preparing job cost summaries, processing change orders and client development. You will also interact closely with the project management staff to maximize project profitability.
Experienced Construction Estimator for Earthwork & Grading Projects:
- Responsible take offs and bid preparation for commercial and residential projects.
- Prepare construction budgets based on plans, onscreen takeoffs, and project specifications for each elevation.
- Will research material pricing, obtain bids from vendors and subcontractors by specifying materials, negotiate pricing, requesting and maintaining vendor estimates and building/continuing vendor relationships.
- Prepare work to be accomplished by gathering information and requirements; set priorities
- Prepare construction budget updating specifications; identify and project costs
- Evaluate offers to purchase by costing changes, additions, and site requirements
- Obtain bids from vendors and subcontractors by specifying materials
- Maintain quality service by following organization standards
- Liaison between sales and project management teams
- 4+ years of prior knowledge around foundations, sheeting, shoring backfill, dirt, water and sewer installation, and excavation.
- Communicate effectively on a daily basis with management, manufacturers reps, vendors, subcontractors, and fellow employees
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, including knowledge of formulas
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal
Executive Recruiting Consultants
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?