Currently looking for an experienced Estimator to fill an opening with a Structural & Misc. Steel company located in Brooklyn. Interested candidates should have a minimum of 8 years construction estimating experience.
The hiring company is responsible for fabrication and installation of steel in residential and commercial projects. Large scale, high profile, and exciting projects throughout New York City.
Responsibilities of the Construction Estimator
- Prepare detailed, systematic, and structured cost estimates by reviewing and analyzing construction documents and specifications and performing quantity take-offs.
- Estimate all necessary shop and field labor, material, equipment, time, and delivery costs.
- Prepare estimates on new bid projects as well as estimates on change orders and add-ons for existing contracts.
- Identify, request, and follow up on required information from architects, engineers, and contractors to complete required project estimate in a timely fashion.
- Assist in creation and maintenance of cost database for historical data review.
- May engage in some project management duties as required.
Requirements of the Construction Estimator
- 8+ years experience working as an construction project estimator. Experience with steel and/or miscellaneous metals preferred though not required.
- Bachelor Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture, or Business Administration.
- Must be able to read and interpret architectural and structural drawings, shop drawings, and specification sheets on complex and highly detailed projects.
- Excellent communication skills and high level of professionalism expected. Ability to meet schedule deadlines with minimal supervision. Strong organizational skills required to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficient in Excel and Microsoft Office programs.
Compensation for the Construction Estimator
- The starting annual salary for this position ranges from $90,000.00 to $140,000.00 depending on experience.