- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
A seamstress designs, repairs, and alters clothing as well as fashion accessories like hats and purses. Your duties and responsibilities may vary depending on your employer, including taking a customer's body measurements to fit clothes to their specifications, constructing garments specified by the customer, and advising customers on the appropriate types of patterns and fabrics that meet their needs. The skills and qualifications for this role include strong sewing skills, knowledge with design and fashion, and creativity.
Here are examples of responsibilities from real seamstress resumes representing typical tasks they are likely to perform in their roles.
- Place spools of thread on spindles, insert bobbins, and thread ends through machine guides and components.
- Sew cushions and upholstery for furniture.
- Deconstruct and reinforce clothing, repair t-shirts, hats, etc.
- Place spools of thread on spindles, ensure machine is threaded properly.
- Operate a Juki pattern tact machine and an auto matrix cutting table.
- Use vinyl plotter to create designs and press on to t-shirts etc.
- Work on garments, such as coats and suits for men or women.
- Provide a high level of professional behavior: promptness, punctuality, and preparedness.
- Sew inside pockets and labels on men's suit coats; assist supervisor with repairs
- Design custom embroidery stitch files per order, setting up names/title, merging with logo.
- Sew panels of fabric together on an industrial Juki sewing machine and over-locking seams for a secure fit.
- Alter clothing, primarily formal dresses, slacks, and jackets using industrial machines, serger and blind hemmer.
- Inspect garments: ensuring stitching, buttons and zippers are up to standards and also ensuring garments are clean and press.
- Sew custom make home decor (drapes, cushions and pillows); and custom make clothes for a perfect fit.
- Monitor sewing machine operations and observe defects in stitching or machine malfunctions.
- Pay $16-20 hour starting based on experience
- Provide a portfolio of work.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Design, cut, hem, and sew articles of clothing, linens, and upholstery items.
- Perform patchwork, mending, and other sewing techniques on household linens.
- Mend and tailor trousers, aprons, uniforms, and other clothing.
- Perform minor adjustments on a sewing machine.
- Shop for and purchase materials; conduct inventory and supply storage.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
LEVEL AND TYPE OF WORK AND/OR SUPERVISION:
- Journey level
- Perform the full range of duties, working independently, applying well-developed subject knowledge, and exercising judgment and initiative.
- Receive occasional instruction or assistance as new or unusual situations arise.
- Fully aware of the operating procedures and policies within the work unit.
- Work is reviewed based on compliance, appropriateness, and effectiveness in meeting goals and deadlines.
- Receive general supervision from manager or staff.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS GUIDELINES:
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. Requirements are determined at the time of recruitment based on responsibilities of the individual position and business needs of the department.
Training and experience for journey level, trades classifications are typically equivalent to completion of the twelfth grade and one (1) to four (4) years of experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position. (Equivalency 1-4 years of qualifying training and/or experience).
Depending upon assignment, candidates may be required to pass a criminal background check, have a valid driver license, and/or additional training, licenses, or certificates.
Executive Printing Services LLC.
3595 E Patrick LNLas Vegas, NV
Get fresh Fashion Seamstress jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.