Executive Hotel Management Columbia, Missouri
General Manager Holiday Inn Executive Center (Convention Hotel), Columbia, MO
Executive Hotel Management is currently seeking a candidate that's a current or previous General Manager or AGM, with a strong background in Food and Beverage. Must be able to motivate and communicate with staff and owners. Must have at least, two years experience at a full-service property.
Experience with F&B required. We have a robust F&B department.
Must live within 25 miles of Columbia or be willing to relocate.
The ideal candidate will have hospitality experience in supervision, conflict resolution, and leadership. They MUST also have the ability to work evenings and weekends when required. If you are qualified please apply. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE HOTEL AND F&B EXPERIENCE, DO NOT APPLY. We want someone that can jump right in and make a difference. Pay commensurate with experience. Even though we would like to see applicants with a bachelors degree, we can substitute hospitality experience for education. If you are ready for a move we are ready to talk with you.
Functions as the primary strategic business leader of the property with responsibility for all aspects of the operation, including: managing general property performance, as well as food and beverage operations, managing and sustaining sales and marketing strategy, managing profitability, managing revenue generation, managing and conducting human resources activities, and delivering a return on investment. Leads the team in the development and implementation of property-wide strategies. Ensures implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives with the objective of meeting or exceeding guest expectations. Builds relationships with key customers and is involved in the sales process.
Position comes with Salary, Bonus, Benefits, and a three bedroom home.
Education and Experience
2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major;
4 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major;
2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
3 years experience in food and beverage
Skill & Physical Requirements
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Must be available to work extended hours, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications (MSWord, Excel and Outlook).
- Must have strong analytical skills and decision-making ability.
- Must be able to work independently and multi-task, prioritizing as appropriate.
- Must have effective oral and written communication skills.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred, but not required.
Managing Property Operations
- Ensures service programs are in place and executed
- Provides timely, real-time feedback to management and hourly associates on service and operational standards; including feedback on even the smallest of service and operational details.
- Manages the flow of labor between departments to support effective management of Labor Budget and achievement of profitability goals.
- Creates and support clear lines of responsibility for management team, including coverage and oversight throughout the day.
- Prepares for QA audits (i.e., daily and pre-visit activities).
- Review sand follows-up on property GSS scores and comments.
- Acts as a project manager for the execution of capital improvements (e.g., renovations, reinventions, refreshes, signage, etc.).
- Walks the property to ensure public spaces, grounds, work and kitchen areas meet sanitation and cleanliness/maintenance standards.
- Manages the implementation of major brand standards
- Delegates responsibilities for operations and projects to appropriate level of associate.
- Managing Food and Beverage Operations
- Monitors Food and Beverage forecasting and par levels to reduce waste and maximize Food and Beverage profit margins.
- Establishes and leverages local vendor relationships to support food and beverage operational needs.
- Provide day-to-day leadership and direction by maximizing financial returns, driving development of people, creating and maintaining a unique guest experience, executing on brand standards and building awareness of hotel and brand in the local community. We want our guests to relax and be themselves which means we need you to:
- Be you by being natural, professional and personable in the way you are with people
- Get ready by taking notice and using your knowledge so that you are prepared for anything
- Show you care by being thoughtful in the way you welcome and connect with guests
- Take action by showing initiative, taking ownership and going the extra mile
- Prepare annual capital, cash flow and sales and marketing plans to accurately forecast budgets and achieve required operating results.
- Analyze financials to drive revenues, future profitability and maximum return on investment. Use distribution channels and technology platforms to drive revenue and maximize market share.
- Lead capital plans and asset management initiatives, including working with owner to maintain or improve property's market leadership position.
- Develop programs that drive improvements in team member engagement and are aligned with brand service behaviors.
- Develop, implement and monitor team member succession planning to ensure future bench strength. Establish performance and development goals for team members and provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to enhance performance.
- Oversee any salary, disciplinary or staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with company rules and policies.
- Demonstrate brand citizenship by maintaining compliance with all required brand standards, behaviors, hallmarks and license agreement mandates.
- Drive improvement in guest satisfaction goals. Collaborate with colleagues and hotel team members to establish and implement services and programs that meet or exceed guest expectations.
- Make time to interact with guests, solicit feedback and build relationships.
- Food & Beverages