IT Help Desk Technician (Level 1, 2)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Join our fast-growing, dynamic and SUCCESSFUL company! You will work in a fast paced and
challenging environment that constantly expands our Help Desk Technicians' skillsets.
The selected candidate will be put into a Level 1 or 2 technician position and will be responsible for various
duties needed to maintain and support a telemarketing company's production. The environment supported
contains 600+ desktops, Windows servers of various roles, as well as network infrastructures.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Perform computer imaging, software installations, and maintain technology inventory.
- Provide end-user support and problem resolution for desktop computers, laptop/notebook
computers, printers and other peripheral hardware, and software applications.
- Utilize our trouble-ticketing system to document your work and facilitate communication with our
- Utilize our support technologies to provide remote-based support.
- Respond to support requests and maintain resolution documentation.
- Desktop and server hardware installations as well as applicable operating system installations.
- Software installations and/or configuration on end user desktops, some servers, network devices,
and other hardware.
- Active Directory user and computer management as well as Group Policy review, creation, and/or
- Creation of documentation relating to daily tasks.
- Available to work mornings, evenings or weekends as needed for large-scale or high-priority projects.
- Depending on experience, may serve as escalation point for level 1 help desk staff.
- Depending on experience, possible overnight travel to remote collocations (minimal and as
Not Required, but Definitely a PLUS!
- Configuration and modification of Asterisk based PBX phone systems.
- Ability to configure, customize, and support typical Linux installations and distributions.
- Understanding of file systems, performance monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Experience with Windows Scripting (VBScript & Batch), PowerShell, Perl, and/or other command
line (CLI) tools.
- Basic understanding of High Availability computing and networking. (eg. Microsoft Clustering).
- Ability to automate (script) repetitive tasks.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Ability to perform assigned work in a consistent manner.
- Experience with providing desktop support for Windows-based systems.
- Logical, detail oriented, and able to communicate well both verbally and in writing.
- 2-5 years minimum experience in a supporting role within an IT team.
- Basic experience with network troubleshooting and administration.
- Basic understanding of server architectures, hardware, RAID.
- Basic to Moderate understanding of network protocols (TCP/IP, UDP), hardware & software network
security, name services, and load balancing.
- Moderate understanding of application & OS security, including virus scan management.
- Active Directory experience beyond password resets and adding new user accounts.
- Demonstrable problem analysis and resolution skills.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster. Please do not contact us with
unsolicited services or offers.
Executive Energy Management
AddressLas Vegas, NV
TechnologyView all jobs at Executive Energy Management