Current Florida CNA Licensee or state issued HHA Certificate (from accredited schools only)
Level 2 FDLE background screening
CPR (current through AHA or ARC)
HIV certificate (1-2 hour)
Alzheimer certificate (2 hour)
Clean background check
Ability to pass drug screening
The individual in this position provides personal care services to patients in the home setting. All services are provided under the supervision of a registered nurse, Physical Therapist or Speech Therapist.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
* Provides direct and indirect personal care to the patient in the home setting under direction of a registered nurse or therapist.
* Utilizes safety measures in provision of care.
* Maintains effective communication with supervisor regarding patient’s condition.
* Participates in In-service training (12 hours) annually.
* Follows written assignment to deliver patient services developed by an appropriate health care professional. (RN, PT, ST)
* Documents and submits accurate accounts of services provided.
* Observes the patient for changes in condition and behavior and reports to supervisor.
* Removes patient's medication container from the storage area; prepares necessary items, i.e. juice, water, cups, spoons, etc.; to assist the patient.
* Reading and recording temperature, pulse and respiration.
* Participates in case conferences.
* Maintains confidentiality of all patient, agency and employee matters.
* Adheres to all Agency policies.
* Recognize emergencies and demonstrates knowledge of emergency procedures.
* Demonstrates knowledge regarding basic infection control procedures.
* Attains quarterly goals as established in the annual performance evaluation.
* Submits required documentation in a timely manner.
* Adheres to the role of the CNA/Home Health Aide in the home setting as defined in state regulation.
* Participates in 12 hours of in-service annually.
* The home health aide or CNA shall not change sterile dressings, irrigate body cavities such as giving an enema, irrigate a colostomy or wound, perform a gastric irrigation or enteral feeding, catheterize a patient, administer medication, apply heat by any method, care for a tracheotomy tube, nor provide any personal health service which has not been included in the plan of care.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL LIMITATIONS STATEMENT
You are not required to disclose information about physical or mental limitations that you believe will not interfere with your ability to do the job. However, you should disclose any physical or mental impairment for which special arrangements or accommodations are needed to enable you to perform the essential functions of the job. Your description of any impairment and suggestions for reasonable accommodations will be considered in providing reasonable accommodations. The duties and responsibilities herein describe the general nature and level of work required. They are not intended to be construed as a complete list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required to meet requirements for this position.
This franchise is independently owned and operated (d/b/a Executive Care). Executive Care is an equal opportunity employer.