Assistant Payroll Manager
ExecuTeam Staffing Houston, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Marine specialty firm within international operations has a need for a degreed and experienced Assistant Payroll Manager. Be a member of a small but powerful team reporting to the Payroll Manager with daily responsibilities in ensuring the timely and accurate processing of hourly and salaried payrolls. This is a temp to hire opportunity, meaning we’re looking for candidates who want something long-term.
Assistant Payroll Manager’s Responsibilities
· Provide support for payroll accounting functions related to regulatory reporting and filing requirements
· Ensure compliance with all intercompany policies and statutory reguations
· Directly oversee the preparation of a multitude of payroll related documents including weekly payroll checks and electronic deposits, W2 forms and reports, and payroll registers
· Ensure accurate calculations, timely processing and compliance with all federal and multi-state laws
· Provides coaching and development opportunities to fellow team members
· Ensures systems are in place to reflect current employee data including pay wages, deductions and garnishments
Assistant Payroll Manager’s Qualifications
To be considered for the Assistant Payroll Manager position, you will need the following:
· Minimum 10 years experience in corporate payroll department including at least 4 years in a supervisory role preferably in a mid-large sized company setting
· Tenure and stability in your past employers is critical
· Working background in construction or industrial industry is required
· Must display and exhibit strong leadership skills to motivate group toward a common goal
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Economics or Finance (CPP is preferred)
· Must have excellent customer service skills and ability to effectively communicate and resolve payrolling issues
· Must be able to communicate effectively with all employees. (Including executives)
· Strong multitasking and organizational abilities are required
· Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, MS Teams, etc.)
· CPP is preferred but not required
· Union and certified payroll experience preferred
· Strong proficiency in Excel
· Working knowledge of ADP Workforcenow or other payrolling software
· Must be adaptable and flexible to shifting priorities
· Must be able to work 8am-5pm
· MUST SHOW PROOF OF 1st and 2nd COVID VACCINE DOSE
Company Culture & Perks
· Work alongside dredging industry leaders!
· Expand your professional network
· Experience a diverse and inviting work culture.
· Work in a COVID safe environment (Vaccine and daily temperature checks required for all employees.)
· Lots of restaurants and retail close by!
· When you work as a contract employee through ExecuTeam Staffing, you are eligible to enroll in medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401K, direct deposit, and our referral bonus program!
· Once hired full-time, client offers a comprehensive benefits package including a competitive salary, 401K with matching, Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life and Disability insurance plans.
ExecuTeam StaffingWhy Work Here?
Award winning service. Certified Industry experts. Over 30 years of Staffing: thousands of success stories!
With ExecuTeam Staffing, you’re never just a resume. We’re proud one of the nations leading employment agency for over 30 years, acting as the trusted partner in your success. We offer Direct Hire, Contract-to-hire, and Temporary positions to allow you to choose the opportunities that best fit your needs. Whether you’re seeking career advancement or a recent graduate, our team will give you the respect, care, and attention you deserve.
Finance and Insurance