Great Pay - Wonderful Opportunity!
Apply Today! KIRTLAND REHAB and CARE!
Manages food and nutrition services to ensure safe, healthy, and appetizing food is provided to meet the needs and preferences of each resident.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Other duties as assigned.
- Assists with ensuring food is safe for consumption. This includes but is not limited to: ensuring receipt of food, supplements and snacks from approved sources, delivery at the required temperatures, protection from contamination, accurate labeling, availability of food services supplies and equipment, adherence to prevention based safety systems, such as HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points), and safe employee handling procedures.
- Assists with developing and implementing a menu planning process to meet the needs of residents and the budget of the facility. Ensures adherence to menu guidelines, such as calorie count and portion size standardization.
- Assists with regularly communicating and working with the management team. This includes but is not limited to: working with Executive Director/designee to manage department matters, department budget, food costs, output, and profit margins, staffing plan, resident care and/or personnel matters. Works cooperatively with members of the interdisciplinary team to develop, and implement a comprehensive plan of care, which includes food services. Attends care conferences.
- Assists with performing quality assessment and assurance functions, including but not limited to: routine regulatory compliance rounds, observation of provision of food services, record reviews, implementation of corrective measures, interviews with staff members, residents, and family members. Reporting information to appropriate committees.
- As directed, actively participates in committees. This may include but is not limited to: CQI, Safety, and Infection Control.
- Assists with ensuring adherence to proper safety procedures. This includes but is not limited to: implementation of infection control program, OSHA compliance, fire and disaster safety, timely investigation and reporting of incidents, injury. In an emergency, carries out assigned duties to assure resident and employee safety.
- Ensures proper documentation is maintained. This includes but is not limited to: documentation of nutritional screening, food preferences, acceptance, addition of food/fluid-related interventions to plans of care, and other matters related to food services.
- As directed, participates with Executive Director/designee in survey processes by: instructing staff regarding conduct and disclosure, reporting, being present at all times surveyors are on-site, directing prompt responses to requests for information, and undertaking corrective action, if appropriate.
- Assists in developing and updating food services policies and procedures to reflect the philosophy of the facility, professional standards, and legal requirements.
- Maintains and applies current skills and knowledge through continuing education and in-service programs.
- Carries out responsibilities in compliance with federal, state, local laws and regulations, and with facility philosophy, policies and procedures.
- Ability to read and interpret technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from residents, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to management. Must be able to speak, understand and read the English language to the extent necessary to safely and properly care for residents.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with high level of energy and enthusiasm. Ability to organize, document, and implement detailed programs. Good verbal and written communication skills.
- This position requires standing, sitting, stooping, pushing, pulling, lifting up to 75 pounds or more, bending, climbing, twisting upper body, walking, running, carrying, listening, talking, use of telephone, and exposure to medical equipment and persons with risk of illness.
In the absence of the Food Services Director, supervises employees and volunteers of Food Services Department and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the facility policies, practices, procedures, and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Meets state and federal requirements.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Valid driver's license per facility requirements.