Rock Star Dietary Team Members Needed!
Full Time and Part Time Opening Available!
Dietary Aides and Cooks Positions
Great Pay and Benefits Available!
Assists with the provision of safe, healthy, and appetizing food services to meet the needs and preferences of each resident.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Other duties as assigned.
- Assists with preparation and provision of food and snacks to resident(s) per diet cards and/or other documented individualized plan for resident(s). Related responsibilities include, but may not be limited to preparing supplies/materials for tray line, assembling, loading and delivering diet trays per diet cards and/or other documented plan tailored to resident(s), providing set-up assistance for resident(s), reporting refusal(s) of food to supervisor and nursing, serving food substitutes, and retrieving and reloading trays on cart at end of meal service.
- Observes proper safety practices. This includes but is not limited to: operating institutional food preparation equipment according to equipment instructions, using personal protective equipment as necessary, safely and properly handling, unloading, stocking and storing food, safely using and storing chemicals, and follows infection control procedures. Timely corrects and/or reports equipment problems, safety and fire hazards, environmental services and maintenance issues.
- Maintains clean, safe and hygienic food service workspace. This includes but is not limited to: regularly cleaning of cooking, serving, and equipment trays, dishes, trash, and other items, and regularly inspecting for and reporting evidence of pests; timely and properly reports, injuries and/or incidents, equipment and/or maintenance problems; complying with OSHA mandates and workplace safety practices, including but not limited to hazard communication, blood borne pathogens, infection control practices, fire safety and proper lifting techniques. In an emergency, carries out assigned duties to assure employee and resident safety.
- As directed, assists with quality assessment and assurance functions.
- Maintains proper documentation. This may include but is not limited to: documentation of nutritional screening, food preferences, and food acceptance, addition of food/fluid-related interventions to plans of care, documentation other matters related to food services.
- As directed, assists with survey processes.
- Maintains and applies current skills and knowledge through continuing education and in-service programs.
- Carries out responsibilities in compliance with federal, state, local laws, regulations, and with facility philosophy, policies and procedures.
- Must be able to speak, understand and read the English language to the extent necessary to safely and properly care for residents.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- As directed, assists with the development and update of food service policies and procedures to reflect the philosophy of the facility, professional standards, and legal requirements.
- This position requires standing, sitting, stooping, pushing, pulling, lifting over 75 pounds, bending, climbing, twisting upper body, walking, running, carrying, listening, talking, use of telephone, and exposure to medical equipment and persons with risk of illness.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Meets state and federal requirements.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Valid driver's license per facility requirements.