Exceptional Children’s Foundation (ECF) provides the highest quality services for children and adults who are challenged with developmental, learning and emotional disabilities – empowering them to reach their greatest potential. Each year, ECF serves more than 4,800 clients and their families at 15 sites throughout Los Angeles County. Established in 1946, ECF is the only organization of its kind in California to provide a lifespan of services for children and adults with developmental disabilities.
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – BEHAVIOR INTERVENTION SPECIALIST/REGISTERED BEHAVIOR TECHNICIAN (Part-Time/Full-Time)
Work for an incredible agency making top dollar while making a real difference! At ECF you will be provided with a level of unrivaled professionalism, experience, and guidance. We hold ourselves to the highest standards possible, focusing on empowering our clients while promoting autonomy and improving quality of life. Our behavior program will expose you to the emerging field of ABA, where you the opportunity to work in the home or school setting. With our agency, you can count on an amazing team of supervisors, peers, and support staff that help you develop your professional goals. ECF provides plenty of opportunities for professional growth, we are constantly expanding and developing our programs. If you are ready to take your career to the next level and join an amazing team of therapists. ECF is the place for you!
Work one-to-one with children and adolescents who have behavior challenges, during and after school hours. Assist with their daily academic and social-emotional interactions. Clients served may be those with Autism Spectrum Disorder, Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, and Emotional/Behavioral Disorders.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
· Facilitate student’s access to the classroom routine and to the curriculum. Support the classroom team in the implementation of the student’s goals and objectives per IEP and behavior plan, especially as they pertain to problem solving and behavior.
· Observe behavior and collect data on student in their environment in order to determine specific problem areas and needs. Document antecedents, behaviors, and consequences. Work with supervisor and consult with student’s teacher to develop and implement a behavior plan based on collected data to include: a description of current behaviors; antecedents for the behaviors; reinforcement strategies; and classroom modifications.
· Increase expertise in education-related subject matter and behavior management techniques by attending in-service training sessions, and ongoing discussions with other professionals.
· Use Welligent software to monitor IEP timelines and service delivery and generate reports and billing. Ensure reports, billing, and timesheets are submitted in a timely manner.
· Assist in restructuring client’s environments and activities to support behavior, as well as teaching skills that will improve the client’s ability to communicate or function more effectively.
· Review behavior plans accordingly in order to facilitate consistent implementation, monitor outcomes, and implement behavioral procedures for acquisition of replacement skills and reduction of problematic behaviors.
Education: High School Diploma (Associate’s Degree Preferred). Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) Credential, or willingness to enroll and complete courses within the first 90 days of job offer (will be reimbursed for training course).
Experience: Six months working with special needs children and knowledge of autistic spectrum disabilities. Familiarity with ABA, and implementation of programs designed to enhance learning, cooperation in the classroom, and peer relationships.
Knowledge/Abilities/Skills: Ability to communicate (verbally and in writing) with a variety of individuals including, teachers, students/clients, and parents, in a respectful and effective manner. Ability to work independently and as part of a team and follow instructions of supervisor. Ability to think critically, manage time efficiently, and exceptional organizational skills. Basic computer skills. Maintain a professional image and courteous demeanor at all times.
$18.00 to $25.75 per hour.
• Competitive hourly rate commensurate with experience.
• Comprehensive paid initial and ongoing training.
• Paid Sick Time and Holidays with full time employment.
• Employer paid contribution to Medical, Dental, Vision plans and Basic Life Insurance for full time staff.
• Mileage reimbursement.
PAID TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
• Paid trainings (RBT).
• Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) Credential
• Board Certified assistant Behavior Analyst (BCaBA) coaching and supervision.
• Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) guidance and supervision.
LAUSD schools and clients’ homes.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants may submit an employment application by visiting our ECF careers page: https://j.brt.mv/ATS/CompanyPortal.do?companyGK=30193&portalGK=18277
To learn more, visit www.ECF.net and connect on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ConnectwithECF.
Exceptional Children’s Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or intellectual disability, medical condition (including pregnancy and medical conditions related to childbirth), military or veteran status, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by state or federal laws.
Exceptional Children's Foundation
Why Work Here?Exceptional Children’s Foundation (ECF.net) provides the highest quality services for children and adults who are challenged with developmental, learning and emotional disabilities – empowering them to reach their greatest potential. Each year, ECF serves more than 4,800 clients at 15 sites throughout Los Angeles County. Established in 1946, ECF is the only organization of its kind in California to provide a lifespan of services for children and adults with developmental disabilities.
Awesome CEO, Great Benefits, 401K Match, Mileage Reimbursement, Great growth opportunities.
Culver City, CA