Throgs Neck Rehabilitation and Nursing Center - Assistant Director of Nursing Services ADON / ADNS
The candidate must have good physical assessment skills, be self-directed and able to multitask. Candidate should be able to function in a leadership role to coordinate resident care in the facility. Strong interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with staff, physicians, and resident’s families are essential. Should be current on nursing home regulations, care plans, and MDS. We offer 401K match, vacation, sick, holiday pay and professional development.
Assistant Director of Nursing Services ADON / ADNS :
- Position reports to Director of Nursing
- Assures the best patient care possible by supervising and directing nursing personnel.
- Serves as a liaison for staff nursing and nurse management.
- Supervises the work schedule.
- Visits patients to insure maximum care and communicates with managers, line staff and physicians about daily nursing operations.
- Actively works with staff development program for the Facility.
- Attend wound rounds weekly and assist team
- Serves as a IT nursing liaison, and assists with pharmacy and dietary recommendations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
ADON / ADNS Requirements:
- Registered Nurse, graduated from an accredited School of Nursing with a current and valid RN license in New York.
- Long term care experience a must.
- Ability to provide quality care to patients and have a genuine interest in geriatric nursing.
- CPR certified
- Ability to supervise nursing staff, assuring that work assignments are completed appropriately and timely.
- Ability to make decisions regarding nursing and unit problems.
- Ability to work well under pressure, problem solve, and perform various jobs.
- Willing to be ‘on call’ per rotation basis for facility.
- Must read, know, and follow personnel, department and facility procedures, and adhere to local, state, and federal requirements.
Job Type Temporary