Position Overview: Assists QC/QA Manager with quality control to keep the company in compliance with FDA regulations and cGMP standards.
Reports to: Quality Manager
- Assist with regular training for employees on quality issues and develops programs to encourage employees to perform quality control as part of all operations
- Assist with maintaining and updating Standard Operating Procedures
- Apply release sticker / rejected sticker on the sampled materials as per testing results.
- Perform line checks for packaging and ATP checks for production
- Calibration and maintenance of lab equipment
- Assist with filing test sheets and batch records
- Maintain a high level of awareness for GMP compliance
- Adheres to strict guidelines of Personal Hygiene.
- High level of cleaning and sanitizing of work station.
- Follow Good documentation practice.
- Certifications and Quality standards: Lead, manage, and maintain all the special "above and beyond” quality standards that we adhere to. This involves communicating with these agencies to upkeep the programs and with vendors and 3rd party labs and in-house quality department to ensure the ingredients and components qualify for these programs.: Kosher certification, Gluten Free certification, Organic certification, Vegan Certification
- B.S or closely related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum Experience: At least 6 months of professional experience in a nutraceutical QC position or equivalent education
- Problem solving- Identifies and resolves problems time efficiently; Gathers and analyzes information; Develops solutions; Uses reason.
- Communication- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively
- Active learning- Continued education of lab methods and techniques
- Research- Collects and researches data
- Attention to detail- pays close attention to production process for quality assurance of products
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.