Cyber Security Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
****This position will start out remote and then move to an office in Arlington, TX area. Candidate MUST be located in the Dallas-Fort Worth Area, No Relocation provided*********
We are looking for a Cyber Security Manager with hands-on experience to join our team. The CSM will work closely with the stakeholders to ensure that cyber security projects meet objectives across our organization and with our clients. As the CSM you are responsible for various tasks, including processes of re-engineering and documentation of activities related to this area. This Cyber Security Manager’s responsibilities include using their skills to detect insecure features and malicious activities within our clients’ networks and infrastructure. They will implement customized application security assessments for client-based asset risk, and corporate policy compliance as well as conduct vulnerability assessments. The position's focus is not only limited to assessing whether vulnerabilities exist but also how those risks could be mitigated, which can help provide organizations with more confidence about system stability going forward. Ultimately, you will work to ensure the security of our client's business information, employee data, and client information throughout their entire network.
The Cyber Security Manager is responsible for discovering vulnerabilities and risks in networks, software systems, and data centers with ongoing vulnerability scans, monitoring network data, and ensuring hardware and software applications are updated. The CSM’s manage any potential attacks or intrusions that may occur during this time to make sure the client's information isn't compromised. This position will ensure that a company's systems are safe from cyber-attacks. Create and implement security audits across computer hardware, software, or both – making sure the information being processed on these devices still performs as it should despite any vulnerabilities, they may find to protect against data breaches.
Cyber Security Manager Job Duties
· Determine security violations and inefficiencies by conducting periodic audits
· Upgrade network and infrastructure systems
· Implement and maintain security controls
· Identify and solve potential and actual security problems
· Assess the current situation, evaluate trends, and anticipate security requirements
· Keep users informed by preparing performance reports and communicating system status
· Maintain quality service by following organization standards
· Safeguards information system assets by identifying and solving potential and actual security problems.
· Implement security improvements
· Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops
· Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
· Developing security policies, procedures, and guidelines based on industry best practices
· Maintaining awareness of new cyber threats, vulnerabilities, and technologies to keep the organization secure
· Conducting risk assessments to identify potential security threats and vulnerabilities
· Monitoring network activity to identify signs of intrusion or compromise
· Developing security policies, procedures, and guidelines that are compliant with federal regulations
· Providing technical support for computer networks, including firewalls, operating systems and applications, patch management, and data security best practices
· Supervising and training staff on information security best practices to ensure compliance with company policies
· Conducting audits to ensure security protocols are being followed
· Providing training in information security best practices to employees or clients
· Oversees the development of proposals, bids, quotations, RFP responses, or other documents describing Cyber Security Services to requests from prospective clients.
· Other duties as assigned
· Proven work experience as a Cyber Security Specialist or similar role
· Experience with vulnerability scanning solutions
· Proficiency with antivirus and security software
· Advance understanding of TCP/IP, common networking ports and protocols, traffic flow, system administration, OSI model, defense-in-depth, and common security elements.
· Advanced understanding of TCP/IP, common networking ports and protocols, traffic flow, system administration, OSI model, defense-in-depth, and common security elements.
· Hands-on experience analyzing high volumes of logs, network data (e.g., NetFlow, FPC), and other attack artifacts in support of incident investigations
· In-depth knowledge of architecture, engineering, and operations of at least one enterprise SIEM platform (e.g., Nitro/McAfee Enterprise Security Manager, ArcSight, QRadar, LogLogic, Splunk, SolarWinds)
· Understanding of mobile technology and OS (i.e., Android, iOS, Windows), VMware technology, and Unix and basic Unix commands
Education: Bachelor’s degree in cybersecurity, computer science, computer engineering, information systems, software engineering, or a closely related discipline AND
Experience: Six (6) years of experience in business or economic development or related business and technical experience in cybersecurity, information technology, or computer science field.
· Additional experience in business and technical experience in the cybersecurity field may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
· Up to two (2) years of experience will be granted for certifications earned at an accredited university or college in computer networking, cloud computing, cyber operations, cybersecurity digital forensics, and other cybersecurity-related fields at a rate of six (6) months of experience per 15 credits earned.
Certifications & Licenses: Advanced certifications such as SANS GIAC/GCIA/GCIH, CISSP or CASP, and/or SIEM-specific training and certification.
· Familiarity with the DOD Information Assurance Vulnerability Management program.
· Hold DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE or equivalent) at start date.
Excellian HR Solutions
Get fresh Remote Cyber Security Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.