Excellence Logging is going back to the Rockies!
Excellence Logging is a specialty oilfield service company with a focus on providing our employee's a safe, productive environment, while delivering our customers technologically advanced geological subsurface formation evaluation, drilling monitoring, and light well intervention services. Formed in 2015, Excellence Logging benefits from an experienced management team, innovative research and engineering capabilities,as well as a collaborative approach for meeting customer needs. Our company has operations in over 35 countries, employing more than 1600 people.
We are currently reviewing resumes for future job openings as we are meeting with customers who are actively operating in the Rockies area. As our operations grow so will the need to hire enthusiastic and experienced professionals to join our U.S. onshore mud logging family. If you are currently job seeking and interested in a potential job opening, we would love to hear from you. We will be reviewing resumes through October 31st 2019 to find talent that fits the description below. It is our goal to have a minimum of two rigs operating in the Rockies prior to the end of the year, and even more as we head in to 2020.
You will be working and living on-site, covering a 12.5 hour shift in a daily rotation with another employee. You could be located at a well site for anywhere from 1-4 weeks. For those who have mudlogged before, you should be familiar with the lifestyle. A significant portion of the role is dedicated to quality data acquisition and communication.Communication is an extremely important aspect of the position as others who are not on the drill site location (our customers) are depending on the information you are gathering. The ability to effectively communicate between field and office personnel is critical. You will collect, prepare, &examine drill cuttings, as well as monitor gas and other drilling parameters while at an active drill-site.
Expected Knowledge and Experience
- Experience with collecting and preparing rock cuttings.
- Complete knowledge and experience with standard lithological descriptions of sedimentary rocks.
- Experience with calibrating and maintaining gas detection equipment. In house training will be provided for the equipment we use but your comfort level with compressed gas cylinders and recognizing valid gas data will be a must to succeed.
- Able to recognize hydrocarbon shows from cuttings alone.
- Experience with commercial logging software; TLog or Mainlog preferred.
- Able to pick formation tops and casing points based on gamma signature, gas, cuttings, and well-to-well correlation.
- Excellent at interpreting gas readings.
- Familiar with porosity types in sedimentary rocks and also types of matrix cementations in carbonates and clastics.
- Able to communicate effectively with all well site and operator personnel.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- 2 or more years mudlogging experience in Colorado, Utah,Wyoming, Montana, and North Dakota.
- You must reside in one of the states listed above.
- Basic understanding of oil and gas drilling operations.
- Experience with the standard Microsoft office suite.
- Must be willing to work as part of a large team.
- Excellent judgment and time management skills while working in stressful environments under special time constraints.
- Must be willing to travel and be away from home for long periods of time.
Please fully review the minimum requirement qualifications before submitting your resume. You will only be considered if you have worked in one of the states listed.