Cyber Security Engineer (TS/SCI/FS Mandatory)
Who we are:
At Excel Technologies, we are a different kind of business. With a passion for quality and desire to partner with our clients, we know our people are central to our success. We foster a culture that promotes individual growth, creativity, agility, and excellence while challenging our employees with complex and rewarding engagements. We believe in the opportunity for both service and success, and we celebrate the ideals that make opportunity possible for all people, regardless of their race, religion, or gender. We believe that there is strength in that diversity and that discrimination has no place here. At Excel, employees enjoy a work-life balance, the opportunity for remote work, and multiple paths for career development.
The Client is seeking support in the domain of Endpoint Security Engineering. The focus is primarily on working in a mission technology area, which uses multiple IT systems and networks that operate in both the secure and unsecure environments. The unsecure cloud networks are primarily within Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure. The Client is transforming its networks, systems, and applications processes to build a secure and trusted computing environment while providing the capabilities for secure information sharing across the enterprise. The Cyber Security Engineer will provide risk mitigation recommendations for systems and applications and provide support on information security policies, regulations, and technical implementations regarding facets of cyber operations, and the Client's Accreditation and Authorization (A&A) process. They will provide support to projects teams overviewing the Client's A&A platform and streamline communications/processes between projects, ISSMs, and Sponsor Cyber Security teams. The Cyber Security Engineer will shepherd an educational initiative for system evaluation against NIST 800-53, Risk Management Framework (RMF), DISA STIGS, Zero Trust M-22-09, FedRAMP and other security standards and publications, as well as the Client's internal security regulations; orchestrate the acceleration of control selection, and acceptance for project teams and system owners towards Approval to Operate (ATO); and actively participate in or shepherd technical exchange meetings and application review boards, to verify and validate systems security controls, and provide guidance with respect to after action items/requirements. They will also provide routine briefing on system status and mitigations activities as required by the Client.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE TS/SCI with FULL SCOPE POLY.
- Experience with A&A processes and procedures
- Experience providing vulnerability guidance as it pertains to analysis results and mitigation plans for addressing security problems
- Experience providing risk mitigation for systems, and application in the cloud environment
- Experience reviewing reports generated by Nexpose, AppDetective, RunZero, and WebInspect.
- Experience leading A&A teams, security initiatives, and executive level briefings
- Experience leading Technical Exchange Meetings regarding A&A and project status updates
- Experience providing guidance and writing Standard Operating Procedures for project teams which expedites the A&A Process
- Experience recommending continuous process improvement on A&A processes within the Client's environment
Excel Technologies LLCHerndon, VA
TechnologyView All Excel Technologies LLC Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.