Benefits (If hired on by the client):
- 100% Medical
- 100% Dental
- 100% Vision
- Employee Wellness Program
- Retirement with employer matching
- And more!
This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone in the Buellton area looking for work in Quality Control/Mechanical Inspection. This position is Full Time and temp to hire with the hours from 7 am to 3:30 pm, Monday through Friday. The pay rate for this position will be decided based upon your experience. If you are interested and qualified for this position, please submit a resume ASAP!
Job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the Quality Control on all incoming and outgoing products
- Responsible for supervising other quality control inspectors as necessary
- Use customer service skills to ensure a high level of internal and external customer service
- Investigate and correct customer issues and complaints relating to quality
- Supervise workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure high productivity and high technical integrity
- Read and interpret product drawings and written specifications
- Develop and analyze statistical data and product specifications to determine standards and to establish quality and reliability expectancy of finished products
- Provide technical and statistical expertise to teams
- Formulate, document, and maintain quality control standards and on-going QC objectives and metrics
- Coordinate objectives with production procedures in cooperation with other managers to maximize product reliability and minimize costs
- Create, document and implement inspection criteria and procedures
- Interpret QC philosophy to key personnel within the company
- Provide and oversee inspection activity for product throughout the production cycle
- Interact with suppliers to ensure quality of all purchased parts
- Create and direct environmental test functions and applications
- Maintain active role on internal continuous improvement teams
- Design, develop and implement QC training programs
- Knowledge of California Proposition 65, REACH, and RoHS standards
- Perform inspections of purchased parts, subassemblies, or finished company products according to well defined criteria using standard physical, mechanical and/or electrical measurements
- Rework or reject subassemblies or finished products as required
- Conduct and document process and system audits using and maintaining written procedures as audit standards
- Accurately document the results of the inspections and testing.
- Maintain all controlled document files and test records in a timely and accurate manner.
- Coordinate calibration of all test equipment and fixtures.
- Monitor critical equipment and instrumentation to ensure proper operation and calibration.
- Initiate the writing and updating of inspection procedures, protocol and checklists.
- Evaluate problems and make initial recommendations for possible corrective action to Manager.
- Work with Production Management to provide feedback to assemblers regarding accuracy of assembly procedures.
- Perform review of historical records and other documentation for compliance to established procedures and good documentation practices.
- Perform site inspections to make sure that the work completed is in compliance with specifications and relevant codes.
- Supervise and conduct testing on manufactured parts.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must have experience with hands on mechanical inspection
- Strong familiarity with ASME Y14.X standards including Y14.5 and Y14.43
- Experience with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc…)
- Strong mechanical inspection experience using inspection tools (calipers, micrometers, dial indicators, gauge blocks, height gauges, surface plates, comparators, optical inspection systems, and CMM)
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required; Associates or Bachelors degree in relevant field desired but not necessary with applicable experience.
- Prior Mechanical Inspection and ISO Experience
- Must possess excellent verbal, written and PC communication skills
- Good arithmetic skills are required
- Mechanical aptitude required
- Working knowledge of measurement instruments (calipers, micrometers, optical instruments/tools and surface plate inspection)
- Knowledge of various coatings, heat treat operations, NDT, castings, surface finishes desired
- Ability to work with little supervision and in various inspection areas. Ability to perform other tasks as needed.
We as well as our client are equal opportunity employers, women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
**Any offer of employment is contingent on receipt of a satisfactory background check, which will include a review of the applicant’s criminal history. No applicant will be denied employment solely on the grounds of a criminal offense. The nature of the offense, the date of the offense, the surrounding circumstances and the relevance of the offense to the position(s) applied for will be considered.**