We are currently hiring for an Engineering Director position in the Buellton area. This position is direct-hire and full-time. The payrate for this position is $90k-$120k annually. If you are interested and qualified, apply ASAP!!!
Duties & responsibilities include but are not restricted to:
- Identify and prioritize operations areas that need improvement through automation.
- Recommend process improvements using lean manufacturing and six-sigma best practices.
- Project manage improvement projects to successful adoption by operations teams on time and on budget.
- Study and understand all process and workflows in R/D, Nursery, Cultivation, and Manufacturing departments.
- Create ROI and SWOT analysis for process improvement projects.
- Analyze key drivers of product quality including pesticides, HM, and color remediation and derive recommendations.
- Manage the budget and the timing of projects to limit current production interruption.
- Develop, coach, train, and supervise a team of engineers and project managers.
- Maintain professionalism and live the company’s core values at all times.
- Perform all other duties as assigned or inherent to the position.
- Up to 25% of domestic travel expected.
- Stay current with all laws governing the industry and engage in review of new and improved operations methods.
- Assist with review of business proposals, contracts and other matters regarding operations and production processes.
Skills & Qualifications
- 5-7 years as an engineer in process improvement and automation.
- Bachelors degree in manufacturing or related area.
- Six-sigma green belt required, black belt a plus.
- Expert user of Microsoft Office and/or Google’s G suite, including Lucidchart.
- Functional knowledge of California cannabis regulations.
- Must be 21 years of age (or older) at the time of hire.
- Proficiency of the English language, verbal and written format.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and sit for long periods at a time; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Manual dexterity is essential to this position. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; and stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds, preferably utilizing partner lift. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
We as well as our client are equal opportunity employers, women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
**Any offer of employment is contingent on receipt of a satisfactory background check, which will include a review of the applicant’s criminal history. No applicant will be denied employment solely on the grounds of a criminal offense. The nature of the offense, the date of the offense, the surrounding circumstances and the relevance of the offense to the position(s) applied for will be considered.**