Excel Personnel Services San Francisco, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Do you value fairness and integrity? Do you want to work with a team of like minded individuals who love what they do and strive to make their projects a positive experience for all involved? If so please submit your resume ASAP! This position is with a construction company who has successfully completed over 500 jobs and is looking for a Controller with a background working in accounting for a construction company.
We are currently working as the lead Recruiter for a very well established company in the Sausalito area currently seeking a Controller. As a Controller, you will handle all accounts payable and accounts receivable for the company and various other duties outlined below. You will report to the Chief Financial Officer. Applicants must have experience working in accounting for a construction company. A drug-screen and criminal background check are required for this position. Our growing client focuses on construction and is looking for a great new employee to add to their team!
This is a Direct-Hire position, paying $100,000 - 130,000 to start.
100% Medical paid after 60 days, dental and vision insurance after 60 days. After 1 year, 401k with match, life insurance and long term disability insurance.
We are conducting the initial pre-screening and reference verification - if you are hired you would be a permanent employee of the contractor.
Job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure all products, financials, and tax calculations are error free.
- Ensure office budgets are adhered to and changes are documented
- Timely delivery of all financial reporting including tax returns, monthly budgets vs actuals, quarterly reports, distributions, etc…
- Maintain bank/cash ledger for all projects. Log in each draw funding, payments and transfers to General Account (GC, Fees, Insurance and Bond)
- Book and post all cash transfers to Controller in American Contractor to all projects’ corresponding bank accounts
- Process subcontractors’ pay requests for each draw funding in all projects, including all General Condition invoices duly approved by Project Managers, Project Coordinators, and Project Estimators.
- Verify and attach back-ups needed for the company to sign checks, such as: compliant insurance certificates – general liability, auto and worker’s compensation, executed subcontracts and change orders, waivers and releases for subcontractors and suppliers.
- Upon final and retention funding, subcontractor’s warranties are attached with checks as additional back-ups
- Maintain and monitor master file of current and previous year’s compliance insurance certificates, subcontractor’s licenses and W-9 for the yearly audit purposes and 1 099 reporting to the IRS
- Maintain and update individual subcontractor file per project. Review posting of subcontracts and change orders, if they are consistent and in balance with detailed subcontractor’s report generated from the system.
- Verify cost coding of all executed subcontracts and change orders
- Verify insurance certificates, licenses, and completed W-9 information are accurately posted in American Contractor
- Assist Project Coordinators in posting subcontracts and change orders in the system and request from all subcontractors CO’s not fully executed and returned to Project Coordinators
- Send subcontractor’s and vendors check payments only if they have completed required documentation to release checks
- Research subcontractor’s payment information and provide account reconciliation report where applicable
- Prepare and update check lists for each subcontractor per project as documents are submitted for compliance and attach as addition back-ups of submitted checks for CEO’s signature
- Maintain and update upon funding all projects cash ledgers and log-in all disbursements to subcontractors and vendors and all transfers to Controller
- Maintain file for all cleared checks and bank statements for audit purposes
- Research cleared checks and furnish subcontractor a copy upon their request
- Bank deposits
- Call and reconcile with banks for hold replacement checks
- Collect and obtain from subcontractors completed W-9
- Collect and obtain from subcontractors, City License and CSLB cards and verify validity from the State Contractor’s website
- Verify AM Best ratings of subcontractor submitted GL, Auto and Workers Compensation Insurance coverage – only ratings of A-, A, A+, A++ are acceptable and attached to compliant certificates in the Master File for audit purposes
- Prepare weekly accounting reports for submission to the CEO with the Draw Schedule and pending check requests
- Assist external auditor’s annual audits of Client’s, DHJ, and Partnership projects.
- Provide copies of subcontractors pay requests and invoices and fill up audit confirmation letters for auditors
- Process 1099 IRS Reporting
- Verify which subcontractor is included in the report based on completed W-9 information submitted and provide final vendor copies of 1099 (due each February annually)
- Perform other duties and responsibilities whenever necessary and upon request by Controller
Skills and Qualifications:
- High school degree and/or Bachelor’s degree in financial and/or cost accounting
- Must have experience working in accounting for a construction company
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in accounting
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, American Contractors)
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve
- Excellent organization skills
- Detail oriented
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to quickly and appropriately prioritize conflicting demands
- Able to stand, bend, reach, stoop, and lift boxes up to 10 lbs
- Able to work in a fast paced environment for extended periods of time
- Able to sit at a desk, working on a computer and phones for a full work day
We as well as our client are equal opportunity employers, women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
**Any offer of employment is contingent on receipt of a satisfactory background check, which will include a review of the applicant’s criminal history. No applicant will be denied employment solely on the grounds of a criminal offense. The nature of the offense, the date of the offense, the surrounding circumstances and the relevance of the offense to the position(s) applied for will be considered.**
Excel Personnel ServicesWhy Work Here?
Well established company with room for growth!
300 Turney StreetSan Francisco, CA