We are currently hiring for a Compliance Coordinator position in the Buellton area. This position is full-time and direct-hire. The payrate for this position is $50,000 - $65,000 annually. If you are interested and qualified, apply ASAP!!!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Full cycle compliance management of track-and-trace protocol and applicable systems as governed by the California Department of Food & Agriculture, California Bureau of Cannabis Control and the California Department of Public Health
- Develop, implement, and enforce company policies and procedures
- Perform regular risk assessment, internal review and/or audits and provide periodic reports to executive leadership
- Develop and implement operational controls to mitigate risk and/or to enhance productivity
- Assess product development process, and provide compliance management to Product Development team throughout the life cycle of product development
- Maintain functional knowledge of all laws governing the industry and provide update to executive leadership
- Maintain adequate database for regulatory, licensing, permits, and/or certifications for the company, ensuring that all required compliance reporting, licenses, permits, and/or certifications are in good standing and active.
- Implement and maintain effective investigation protocol and/or reporting system for resolution of internal complaints, external audit findings, etc.
- Provide strategic planning, development coaching and project management as directed by executive leadership
- Use all industry-related tools to effectively manage total company-operations as it pertains to regulatory compliance, which may include maintaining a database of change-control templates, utilizing applicable project management software etc.
- Conduct and/or attend all required meetings, trainings, seminars, conferences etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Qualifications
- Ability to coordinate tasks in order of priority, while effectively multi-tasking and address all compliance needs of the company
- Ability to maintain clear and concise communication, across all department and all levels of employees
- Ability to provide appropriate guidance and/or determine the outcome of situations
- Ability to sufficiently assess, analyze and interpret risk, to ultimately provide strategic planning and response. Timely and effectively address challenges, with enough foresight to address anticipated impact to the business
- Flexibility to adjust an approach or response to changes within the business, while maintaining compliance with policy, procedure and applicable laws
- Understand the core business purpose and how each functional unit lends to the development and growth of the company
- Build trust and credibility amongst all business units. Conduct business in a non-confrontational manner to create a collaborative work environment
- 4+ years in the compliance industry or related role
- Bachelor’s in compliance-related disciplines such as finance, business administration, or economics
- Intermediate experience with project management software
- Intermediate knowledge and practical use of Microsoft Office systems
- Advanced math and data-analytic skills
- Proficiency of the English language, verbal and written format
- Must possess and maintain a valid California Driver’s License, and meet requirements for insurability under the company’s policy
- Regulatory, land use or compliance experience helpful
- Functional knowledge of California cannabis regulations
- Certificate of completion of applicable Occupational Safety and Health training
We as well as our client are equal opportunity employers, women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
**Any offer of employment is contingent on receipt of a satisfactory background check, which will include a review of the applicant’s criminal history. No applicant will be denied employment solely on the grounds of a criminal offense. The nature of the offense, the date of the offense, the surrounding circumstances and the relevance of the offense to the position(s) applied for will be considered.**