We are currently hiring for an Agricultural Tech I position in the Buellton area. This position is full-time and direct hire. The payrate for this position is $15 an hour. If you are interested and qualified please apply ASAP!!!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist Cultivation manager with the maintenance and care of cannabis and squash plants in accordance with the company’s horticultural standards. Ag Tech ll will be responsible for leading and training Ag Tech l’s to become proficient in farming practices and techniques established by the company.
- Assist Cultivation Manager in all aspects of plant maintenance and development including soil preparation, planting & transplanting, harvesting, mulching, watering, weeding, fertilizing, pruning, propagating, raking, tree & brush cutting, chipping, and the proper use of shovels, trowels, fan rakes, grading rakes, spades, digging forks, pickaxes, brooms, hand shears, hand saws, loppers, pole pruners & pole saws, wheelbarrows, fertilizer spreaders, garden carts, ladders, and other hand tools. Ag Tech ll will also assist and help lead hoop construction and land development under the Cultivation Manager.
- Help lead in the proficient operation of spray equipment, irrigation set up and use, garden utility vehicles, tractors, pickup/dump trucks, chainsaws, chippers and other power equipment in accordance with company safety protocols and regulatory standards.
- Provide hands-on assistance and leadership with the completion of work tasks, when needed. Evaluate garden needs and supplies inventory. Monitor gardens and plant collections for pests and diseases. Report pest and disease problems to Field Crew Foreman.
- May be needed to apply organic pesticides and fertilizers and report changes to plant collections to the Cultivation Manager including additions, removals, deaths and invertebrate damage.
- Help if necessary, with equipment use and breakdowns and report needed equipment maintenance or breakdowns with tractor operator and facilities manager.
- Follow protocols to produce a safe, harmonious and productive work environment. Report any breaches in protocols to immediate supervisor.
- Performs the responsibilities of supervisory/senior staff in their absence.
- Follows company Policies, Procedures, Standards, and Rules & Regulations, and ensures that they are completing their duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensures that established safety guidelines are followed and complies with O.S.H.A. and Right‐to‐Know standards.
- The Ag Tech ll roll is required to successfully perform the above functions and use said equipment independently with little to no supervision.
- Operate company motor vehicles safely to transport personnel, materials, and equipment on company property and public roadways.
- Assists with carrying out standard operational procedures, as required, including working overtime for harvest and transplantings. Supervises personnel and seasonal employees as may be assigned.
- Must have previous experience working in the field
- Proper foot wear
- Good communication and comprehension skills
- Ability to follow directions
We as well as our client are equal opportunity employers, women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
**Any offer of employment is contingent on receipt of a satisfactory background check, which will include a review of the applicant’s criminal history. No applicant will be denied employment solely on the grounds of a criminal offense. The nature of the offense, the date of the offense, the surrounding circumstances and the relevance of the offense to the position(s) applied for will be considered.**