Registered Nurse- Nacogdoches (8YH)
- Posted: over a month ago
About the job:
Under general supervision, delivers care to patients utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation, and evaluation, in accordance with established protocol and / or as ordered by the emergency room physician. Works in cooperative effort with physician and other members of clinical staff to ensure effective patient care delivery and achievement of desired patient outcomes. Effectively interact with patient and significant others, while maintaining the standard of professional nursing. Provides care for patients presenting with various types of illnesses and/or injuries requiring emergency attention and must be able to recognize and effectively treat life-threatening conditions.
- Provides direct and individualized nursing care to patients based on the application of scientific nursing principles. In addition to general nursing care, responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Collects information regarding chief complaint and / or current symptoms, as well as a detailed patient history, and documents findings in the patient medical record. Reports findings to the healthcare provider.
- Consults and coordinates with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans. Oversees the clinical activities of other clinical staff as needed.
- Performs triage and assessments, while considering both physical and psychosocial elements
- Manages basic life support needs and stabilizes patients until the attending physician is available, based upon nursing standards and protocol.
- Initiates corrective action whenever information from monitoring equipment shows adverse symptomatology.
- Documents nursing care as appropriate in the patient medical record.
- Works directly under physicians, assisting them during exams, procedures, diagnostic testing and treatments.
- Prepares and administers medications as ordered by the physician, (oral, subcutaneous, intravenous/ infusion, intramuscular) and records administration and such other relative data in the medical record. Reports adverse reactions to medications or treatments in accordance with the policy regarding the administration of medications by a licensed registered nurse
- Provides IV infusion/ therapy in accordance with physician orders, performs 12-lead EKG, venipuncture and IV initiation, blood draws, cardiac and pulse oximetery monitoring, applies oxygen using the appropriate delivery system, administers nebulized treatments.
- Assists physician with management of critical patients.
- Assesses, assists with treatment of sexual assault survivor patients, completes appropriate report and documentation. Assist with transfer to appropriate SAFE facility.
- Assess and assists with the treatment, management and care of abuse and neglect patients, completes proper reporting, and documentation.
- Assess patient pain, reports findings to MD in the application of pain control techniques such as positioning, medication administration and/ or other non-medication involved techniques as ordered by the physician.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Graduate of an accredited school/college of nursing;
- Current certifications in Healthcare Provider (BLS) certification, Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Cardiovascular Life Support (PALS) OR Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC) required
- Current registered nurse licensure in the State of Texas and in good standing with the Texas Board of Nursing.
- Minimum 1-year RN emergency room experience, necessary to meet established quality standards
- Knowledge of accepted infection control measures
- Experience in documenting patient findings in an electronic health record and assist in other ER duties as needed
Excel Emergency Room
HealthcareView all jobs at Excel Emergency Room