- Local Deliveries. Home Daily.
- Pay is weekly – Driver will make between $1225-$1475 week to start
- Safety Bonus programs. Weekly bonus potential.
- Paid Orientation and Training.
- Drivers earn Sick, Personal, and Vacation Days.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD, AD&D and Life Insurance plans available.
- Minimum 21 years of age.
- Valid Class A CDL (Commercial Driver’s License).
- 6 Months to 2 years of recent verifiable Class A tractor- trailer driving experience.
- Acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
- Must be able to pass a road test.
- Must meet DOT physical and medical requirements, pass a pre-employment Drug & Alcohol test and background check.
- Inspect tractor and trailer before, during and after your trips.
- Properly track and document activities for Hours of Service compliance.
- Accurately record pickups, deliveries and follow company procedures.
- Safely inspect and secure cargo per company policies.
- We provide one-on-one training with a driver trainer.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
EDS is the highest recognized professional driver training company in Denver with an excellent reputation throughout the nation. At Excel Driver Services we believe that we employ the best quality drivers and we have the pay to back that up. After base pay & our weekly safety bonus, our drivers have a weekly earning potential of $1,475.00.(equivalent to $76,700 yearly earning potential)
Call for our Dedicated & Local Positions Today!
- Must have a valid commercial driver's license.
- Must have three years previous tractor/trailer experience
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must have a working knowledge of vehicle safety and control systems.
- No more than 2 tickets or more than 5 points in 3 years.
- No more than one DUI- must be more than 5 years old.
- Perform lifting, pulling, pushing and carrying freight.
- Hook and unhook trailers from tractor, pushing, pulling and cranking lever to raise and lower landing gear on semi-trailers.
- Load and unload trailer and operate a pallet jack, either individually or with the assistance of dock workers or lumper service, with or without mechanical handling equipment.
- Inspect truck and trailer for defects and safe operating condition before each trip. Submit a written report on any defects or problems with the truck or trailer at the end of each load.
- Ensure that all shipping documents required to move with the load is available for inspection and that the correct paperwork accompanies shipment when delivered.
- Report any delays and take photo’s due to breakdowns, weather or traffic conditions or other emergencies, which may cause delays to the pickup or delivery of cargo.
- Maintain records required for compliance with State and Federal regulations, including drivers' logs, record of fuel purchases, mileage records and other records
- Perform all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures, and comply with all Federal, State and local regulations for safe operation of a commercial motor vehicle
- Immediately report all accidents involving driver or company equipment
- Must be able to sit and remain alert while driving for a period of up to 12 hours
- Must be able to shift manual transmission
- Must be able to perform squatting and crouching to handle and position merchandise
- Must be able to spend a portion of the day standing and a portion of the day walking on surfaces such as concrete, wood and metal, and sometimes on slippery and wet floors
- Must be able to hook/unhook various commercial vehicle combinations, manually raise and lower hood, manually lower and raise landing gear, operate the fifth wheel release lever, attach and release safety chains, open and close cargo doors, climb in and out of vehicles, fuel vehicles and check engine oil and coolant
- Must be able to load, unload and carry freight up to 75 pounds.