Senior Staff Accountant
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Full Job Description
Senior Staff Accountant
General Summary of Position
We are looking for a dependable Senior Staff Accountant to assist in the preparation of financial statements that follow all regulatory and accounting guidelines under the supervision of our Controller. You will be responsible for identifying and preventing discrepancies and helping set up control systems. An effective Senior Staff Accountant has good knowledge of accounting principles, and you must be an organized professional with a great eye for detail. You must be able to conduct tasks autonomously and collaboratively.
The goal is to contribute to keep the accounting and financial processes of the company up to standard and ensure accurate financial reporting and control.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made as required to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist in maintaining and implementing financial information and control systems that verify the integrity of all systems, processes, and data including the general ledger, payroll, accounts receivable and accounts payable. Review the company’s accounting information to identify and resolve inaccuracies or imbalances
- Ensures that accounting policies are in accordance with evolving regulations including GAAP, legal requirements, and industry trends
- Assist in the monthly and annual general ledger close procedures. Work closely with members of the accounting department to ensure a timely and accurate close. Enhance the current close calendar and close procedures checklist
- Assist the Controller to ensure that external document submissions and filings are accurate and timely (1099’s, 1095’s, 1096’s)
- Assist the Controller and Human Resources department with company payroll, payroll taxes, and reviewing the quarterly filing for federal, state and local payroll tax returns. Coordinating with Human Resources to assure compliance with payroll and employee benefit regulations
- Assist with preparing state sales & use tax returns for all applicable states
- Ensures the company’s professional reputation is maintained by establishing and maintaining effective business relations with our customers and vendors under the guidance of the company Controller
- Assist with the activities of the accounts receivable department to ensure the accurate and timely management of all accounts receivable aging components including billings, cash receipts application, and collections
- Assist with the activities of the accounts payable department, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of vendor invoices, purchase orders, petty cash, employee expense reports
- Other ad hoc projects and duties as required/assigned
- Follows Company policies and procedures
- Support most aspects of accounting management (billing, tax forms, reporting)
- Assist in the preparation of budgets or forecasts
- Helps in the development of reports for management or regulatory bodies
- Utilize accounting IT system to facilitate processes and maintain records
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2+ years of related experience/training: or equivalent combination of education and manufacturing environment experience
- Suitable knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, financial closure, reporting)
- Analytical and critical thinking skills, with the ability to think creatively
- Mindfulness to detail and an eye for an elevated level of accuracy
- Well organized with the ability to prioritize
- Confident in judgement and decision-making skills
- Thorough time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments and projects
- Ability to learn, lead, coach and provide guidance to team as needed
- Solid knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles)
- Ability to read, review and assess contracts and documents when needed
- Ability to problem solve and present continuous improvement ideas to the department
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office application, particularly Excel and ERP accounting systems (i.e., QuickBooks)
Excel Communications Worldwide, Inc.
325 Godshall DriveHarleysville, PA
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Staff Accountant 2 jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.