Exceed is looking for a corporate Job Corps Business Unit Director to provide strategic direction to include providing insight on opportunities to pursue as well as programmatic management. This individual will be responsible for directing, monitoring, controlling, providing technical assistance, and assessment necessary to ensure the effective operation of Job Corps Centers and when assigned OA/CTS operations. Exceed is located in Lanham, MD however, this position may function virtually.
- Develop and implement a Contract Administration (Surveillance) Plan for each assigned center and/or OA/CTS contract and work with the Center Director to ensure elements contained in the plan are successfully implemented.
- Collaborate with Center Directors and OA/CTS Project Directors to assist in the development and implementation of strategies to achieve and maintain contracted design capacity (On-Board Strength) and monitor the progress of geographic assignment plans (GAP) approved by DOL.
- Provide guidance and technical assistance to centers, OA, and CTS operations to ensure achievement of program outcomes and quality services.
- Through desk and on-site monitoring, review performance and provide effective guidance and technical assistance to ensure achievement of Job Corps’ goals and other performance standards.
- Analyze data and reports pertaining to center, OA, and CTS functions, to identify performance trends and problems, recommend corrective action plans, and provide technical assistance to ensure that corrective actions are implemented.
- Collaborate with Center Directors, OA/CTS Project Directors and responsible corporate staff to ensure that operating plans and reports are submitted reviewed and forwarded for approval.
- Conduct monitoring visits at centers, OA, and CTS operations to address issues and follow-up on corrective action plans. Monitor all components of the Career Development Services System (CDSS) to ensure students are receiving quality services.
- Recommend measures to ensure that centers provide a safe and high-quality learning and living environment through monitoring of safety and health programs, CTST activities, facility survey reports, property management, data integrity, and reporting of significant incidents.
- Monitor financial performance, in collaboration with corporate staff. Identify potential overruns or available unspent funds and recommend action to constrain expenditures or reallocate funds.
- Serves as a member of an onsite corporate assessment team. Review specific areas to determine compliance with policies and program quality utilizing the Program Assessment Guide (PAG).
- Participate in pre-assessment activities to ensure knowledge of center and/or OA/CTS programs, performance, characteristics, issues, prior findings, and policies which may impact contract’s operation.
- Prepare comprehensive written reports and status of the programs reviewed, and provides detailed explanations of highlights, concerns, and areas of improvement. Consolidates and edits report for corporate approval and distribution.
- Serve as a member of a procurement team to secure contracts to operate Job Corps centers and/or OA/CTS contracts. Participates in procurement planning meetings, develops or assists in the development of various proposals, and when assigned, participates in discussion (orals) with DOL.
- Establish and maintain a relationship with DOL and other Job Corps Partners. Drafts letters and reports to ensure responsiveness to DOL requirements, requests, or responses.
- Collaborate with centers and OA/CTS functions to develop and maintain linkages with community partners and local/distant employers to promote community relations, assist in evaluating career technical offerings, compiling labor market information, promoting work-based learning and job placement of program participants.
- Develop and recommend policies and procedures in support of assigned area(s) of specialization based on identified needs to ensure consistent/effective application of Job Corps’ policies.
- Develop procedures and systems for assessing the effectiveness of programs/management processes.
- Plan, organize, and conduct conferences and meetings to ensure staff acquire and maintain the skills necessary to perform their job duties and serve as positive role models for students.
- Recommend and implement systems necessary to ensure effective/efficient operations of Job Corps contracts. Ensures systems outlined in technical proposals are implemented at assigned contracts.
- Review and approve significant incidents reports to reduce impact on students, the community, and the program. When assigned, investigate, initiate corrective action, and implement appropriate procedures to prevent recurrence of significant incidents.
- Monitor systems to account for and document the participation and achievement of program participants.
- Monitors support services and benefits to ensure students are provided with adequate support necessary to ensure successful participation in the Job Corps program.
Experience: Ten years’ experience in program management and direction. Experience working with youth required. Previous Job Corps experience at the Center Director or Director level required. Experience in operating educational programs, including academic and career technical training or major functional areas. Demonstrated ability to achieve satisfactory levels of organizational performance.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university required. Master’s Degree preferred.
Exceed is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Exceed, LLCEXCEED provides management, professional, analytical, security, and technical services to the Federal and State governments, and to private industry. Exceed is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
New York, NY