Vice President of Operations (Manufacturing)
ExactMark Executive Search Cincinnati, OH
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
THE COMPANY & ROLE
For over eighty-five years, our client's story is one of dedication to customers, employees and doing the right thing which has created an enduring family-like culture. The company is a preeminent global manufacturer - creating innovative process solutions by advancing their technology and capabilities for existing and emerging markets. Our client's multiple lines of superior quality products and services have been essential to many of today's most vital recycling and renewables industries that are key to the sustainability of our environment and our world.
The Vice President of Operations (VPO) will be responsible for shaping and leading the entire range of manufacturing, engineering, and purchasing operations throughout the organization. The VPO role will work closely with leaders across disciplines, to measurably improve production and quality outcomes, employee engagement, cost efficiencies, inventory control and, drive overall commitment to our client's vision and mission. With an outstanding record of quality, safety and low employee turnover, the company wants to continue to grow their legacy and the VPO position is a critical piece.
We are looking for a visionary leader who will build, implement and lead the future state of production, design and quality operations for our client by leveraging past experiences and a data-first approach into new insights that can deliver creative people, process, and product solutions for both internal and external audiences. Our ideal VPO candidate will be engaged, hands-on and thoughtful with an enthusiasm for managing and helping people. Culturally, the VPO position will play a major role as the company aspires to be the employer of choice, the manufacturer of choice, and the partner of choice in the recycling industry.
This is an exciting new chapter for our client, and we would like an opportunity to speak with you about how your future could align with theirs or your insights into possible candidates. This position reports to the company's President and offers a generous compensation and benefit package.
- Develops and executes strategic plans for the operations group that align with the organization's vision and business goals.
- Provides leadership and mentoring for manufacturing, engineering and purchasing department managers enabling successful accomplishment of operational goals and established key performance metrics.
- Achieves excellent employee satisfaction, financial, and quality metrics in the Operations group by balancing employee levels with the optimal amount of overhead and raw material costs.
- Initiates and coordinates major operations projects (e.g., manufacturing plant floor changes, capital equipment purchases and major repairs).
- Maintains an open dialog with the company's President around all manufacturing, purchasing, and engineering operations, financial and strategic measurements, and objective achievement.
- Develops the annual operating budget and capital plan and gives periodic updates of actual versus plan; recommends staffing and investment allocations.
- Promotes our client's mission and vision to enable an accountable, innovative and results-oriented work environment promoting customer service, teamwork and mutual trust.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES:
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree concentrated in Industrial, Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering; an MBA or other advanced degree is desirable.
- 20 years of progressive experience in manufacturing (heavy/large equipment preferred) with a minimum of 10 years in management.
- Required experience in all aspects of manufacturing, engineering, and purchasing; direct hands-on experience managing complex production, supply chains, inventory and quality control.
- Engineered-to-Order experience highly desired.
- Significant experience with oversight and detailed knowledge of multiple manufactured product lines.
- Proven experience managing global manufacturing operations and supply chains.
- Strong track record of financial acumen in successfully developing and implementing manufacturing cost controls and efficiencies, managing budgets and directing purchasing.
- History of using ERP systems and tools to manage production, inventory and purchasing.
- Proven success in developing, measuring and delivering business goals and objectives.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools, including Project or equivalent.
- Must be open to relocation to southwest Ohio.
- Must be eligible to work legally in the United States without sponsorship.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and service provider. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
ExactMark Executive Search
BusinessView all jobs at ExactMark Executive Search