We are seeking an enthusiastic and talented Research Associate/Senior Research Associate to join our group in Protein Chemistry Department in Genentech’s Protein science division. The successful candidate will perform analytical characterization of proteins and antibodies, such as disulfide mapping, mass ID and the characterization of post translational modifications and will be expected to handle the analytical characterization of large numbers of proteins and antibodies. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required given the extensive interactions with scientists required of the position. Successful candidates must be interested in exploring and applying new mass spec techniques and technologies to solve protein characterization challenges.
Strong candidates for this position will meet most of the following requirements
• BS, MS or Ph.D in Analytical Biochemistry, Protein Chemistry or related field with relevant experience.
· Expert on mass spec instruments.
· Hands on experience on LC/MS, HPLC, and MS data analysis.
· Must be a team player and willing to work in core facility.
· Be highly motivated, detail oriented, efficient and thrive in a fast pace environment.
· Demonstrated strong multi-tasking ability.
· Be flexible and have a “can-do” attitude.
· Experience and knowledge in protein purification and structural biology are a plus.
Evotec is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, age, disability, genetic information, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.