There is an immediate opening for a highly-motivated and energetic research associate to join the Reagents team in Evotec US. Evotec Reagents is a growing business unit delivering high quality materials to the pharmaceutical and agrochemical industry. Driven by business demand, our group was launched in Q1 2015 and is rapidly expanding, requiring suitable candidates to join this flagship operation.
The candidate will join a cross-functional team responsible for profiling and production of recombinant proteins and assay ready cells for assays and biophysics. The applicant will be part of a team of up to 25 people in cell sciences, recombinant protein expression and purification from eukaryotic and prokaryotic hosts. Candidates will be responsible for the production, purification and/or characterization of a range of protein targets within the pharmaceutical arena.
The following, relevant skills and experiences are required for this role:
- Knowledge of protein purification demonstrated through purification of several types of proteins using a wide range of methods and affinity tags
- Working knowledge and practical experience with AKTA systems or other chromatography systems is required
- Familiar or proficient in bioinformatics in relation to construct design for multiple expression systems (E.coli, Pichia, insect, mammalian)
- The successful candidate will have experience working in multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience collaborating with scientists in external organizations would be an advantage
- Ability to accurately maintain a notebook and present results internally and at client meetings
- BS or MS in Biological Sciences/Biological Engineering with at least 2 years of relevant experience (for BS) or at least 1 year of relevant experience (for MS).
- Ability to work collaboratively with members of the Reagents Team and to be a strong team player.
- Must be a dynamic, accurate and innovative self-starter with a flexible approach who enjoys a challenge.
- Attention to detail and the ability to follow standard operating procedures and deliver accurate documentation are essential.
- Enthusiasm, self-motivation, flexibility, and readiness/ability to learn new methods are critical.
Evotec is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, age, disability, genetic information, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.